What is the Ultimate Martial Arts?

I tease my aikido friend all the time,telling him to teach me the secret techniques that no one knows. The geese howard shit they are holding out on us.

geese-cvs-ragingstorm.gif

Well not ALL of it is bullshit. Some of that stuff does work (and seen in other martial arts) ,but they dont seem to train with any resistance,so how they expect to apply that in a real live situation,is beyond me

I'm not saying all of it is bullshit, I'm saying the art overall is largely ineffective in realistic scenarios. Many practitioners believe otherwise.

Reactions: HHJ
I will always remember my jiu-jitsu instructor (traditional, not bjj) refusing to teach us the techniques to defend against firearms because they were complete bullshit and wouldn't work.
Also always told us, if a guy threatens you with a knife and asks your wallet, just give him your wallet, only try these techniques if you have no other way out.
We sparred and used techniques which had some basis in reality, martial arts need more instructors like that instead of illusionists like Seagal.
By the way, best martial art is probably bjj.

Well historically internal martial arts were considered pinnacle of unarmed fighting prowess. Unfortunately true practitioners are very rare because of persecution and reluctance of masters to train true forms except to a select few. In the west especially a lot of that stuff was never understood and exploited which gives them their bad rep.

Have we seen the peak evolution of martial arts or could this art form be taken to a whole new level?

What is the best combination of styles for a solid base for aspiring MMA fighters that look for longevity?

It seems like the nature of MMA is so detrimental to a well abled body and yet the act of martial arts is to become strong and not injured. I always was curios to know what is the true ultimate martial arts that allows MMA fighters to be at the very top of the pinnacle of mastery?

I ask because Colby is the top contender because of his youth, drive, determination but his skillset doesn't seem to be that of a person who is considered a new wave of martial arts.

Probably Khabib or Jones when he isn't fucking around.

Have we seen the peak evolution of martial arts or could this art form be taken to a whole new level?

What is the best combination of styles for a solid base for aspiring MMA fighters that look for longevity?

It seems like the nature of MMA is so detrimental to a well abled body and yet the act of martial arts is to become strong and not injured. I always was curios to know what is the true ultimate martial arts that allows MMA fighters to be at the very top of the pinnacle of mastery?

I ask because Colby is the top contender because of his youth, drive, determination but his skillset doesn't seem to be that of a person who is considered a new wave of martial arts.

I think the drunken master style

I think we have already seen the fundamental foundations of what is the "Ultimate Martial Arts": MMA

+ Striking (boxing, Muay Thai)
+ Takedown (freestyle, Greco-Roman wrestling, Judo)
+ Grappling (BJJ, Sambo)

Is it at its peak evolution? Definitely not.

Jon Jones showed that there are many areas in MMA that can be innovated and evolved when almost everyone else were doing the same generic moves.
UFC172-JonesXTexeira-R2g-ShoulderCrank-400-sg.gif
GlitteringAdoredCicada-size_restricted.gif

B6VcuHB.gif

20df584cc18a163a269df01a943f92b4.gif

Based on the top fighters we have seen so far in MMA, I'd have to say the best combination of styles for a long MMA career is defense oriented wrestling and striking (ex: GSP, Khabib).

Post-Matt Serra version of GSP and current Khabib are very cautious, defensive oriented fighters with a strong wrestling base and great striking defense. Khabib is even better than GSP at defensive striking, and the proof is that he rarely gets hit. I'd say that he's somewhat like the Floyd Mayweather of MMA in that regard.

Colby is nothing new, neither is Usman in terms of their styles. However, they're really great at what they do, especially Usman. He's like GSP 2.0 in terms of point fighting while taking as little damage as possible.

I tease my aikido friend all the time,telling him to teach me the secret techniques that no one knows. The geese howard shit they are holding out on us.

geese-cvs-ragingstorm.gif

I remember the button combination for Raging Storm to be fucking ridiculous...

That’s why I mained Terry...

0F2A69C2864226E6D55E5451CF6AB6550274F73C

Muay thai, boxing, and wrestling.

I wanted to say MMA. But MMA is a ruleset.

Tbf Pommel horse is very difficult to master. lol my dad (a gymnast) would have loved this scene hahaha

I tried that fucking horse once, many years ago. Only once. I regretted. Badly. Never fucking again.

I tried that fucking horse once, many years ago. Only once. I regretted. Badly. Never fucking again.
Oh yeah,you can easily hurt yourself bad on that thing,even if you know how to do it

Judo is a highly effective MA for self defense. A basic throw onto concrete is going to stop most attackers. And the majority of fights that go beyond a coupe of punches end up with grabs and sloppy wrestling.

This. A sensible approach to hitting a person with a planet :).

And even in the octagon, when you have two "equivalent" wrestlers that can negate each others' takedonws, the one that knows judo has some neat takedowns from the clinch up his sleeve.

Judo is effective and a thing of beauty. I sometimes go on sprees watching high-level judo matches just for the sheer beauty of it.

According to a lot of Sherdog it's apparently basketball.
Always good to see others share the same opinion as yourself.

Like you've said in another instance, the amount of people underrating the effectivity of martial arts on a martial arts forum is crazy.

Back