• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what is the reason to throw a kick with your shin?

Muay thai style kicks with the shin. Like others have said stronger denser bones. Does more damage than your foot/in-step. Plus it's easier to break you foot/instep and completely mess with your balance and mobility. Complete breaks of the shin is rare and only happens in a few fights. Always have to be careful around the knee area especially if the person knows how to check kicks. It does hurt more kicking with the shin so you have to build pain tolerance and develop your shins over time with a bunch of small fractures that makes the shins stronger after healing.

This is provided still in the heat of the fight the defender doesn't adjust or the posiitny is right, you can't always guarantee where it will land.
Hitting the dense area near the knee with even the other side of the shin is still not going to be good. It probably won't snap but damage enough to end the fight still possible.
Yeah, obviously there’s a lot of variables that can’t be totally controlled. Just saying the anatomy of the bone is such that it is much weaker from the inside angle so the location of the impact is a key factor, it’s not just something that happens randomly under any circumstance.

TENSHIN_NASUKAWA_%27I_WANT_TO_KICK_FLOYD_MAYWEATHER%27_RIZIN_FF_14_00%2710.png

This is a 10/10 post

was wondering why fighters make contact with their shin when throwing leg kicks? are they just in too close when they kick or is there a reasoning behind it?

Your chin hurts a lot more than with your shoeless feet. Plus you are likely to get a lot more injuries if you kick with your feet (lots of little bones, fingers, etc) than with your shin.

we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
They kick with the shin because if they kicked with anything else it would break.

When throwing a kick with the foot, you generally aim for a fleshy part of the body or the face where you aren't likely to shatter every bone in the top of your foot.

The shin's tibia is surrounded by muscle which adds mass and shock absorption and is generally a very firm striking surface. However, a knee checking your kick is almost always going to result in you feeling much more pain than the individual who blocked you and sometimes results in what you see here.

As for the hardest striking surface for a kick. That goes to the heel, without question.

we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
Because no one even tries kicking with their foot, it's so dangerous. Your foot is like your hand, it's made up of a bunch of small bones. It also hurts a lot less to be kicked by someone's foot than someone's shin

Why punch with your fists when you can slap. You’re less likely to break your hand by fighting like kitty cats.

thats would you think but we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
People break bones in their foot all the time. It's just a lot less dramatic.

As for why people throw kicks using their shin, you can kick much, much harder that way.

You’ve definitely seen people break their foot, you just probably didn’t know. Small fractures are super common in the foot when kicking and you can continue fighting through the pain
^^^^^^^^^^This

If you look at the medical suspensions after events there are lots of broken hands and feet.

It was perfect Check by Hall. That being said my boy’s shin might have micro fracture going into the fight I didn’t like him stretching his leg in the locker room.

Also the higher up on your shin the better.

You only ever see shin breaks if the person is kicking with the lower part near the foot..the lower shin is much weaker than the upper part.

Conditioning the shins is also very important.

Kicking with your foot hurts your ankle. It'll deaden your foot and it's hard to stand on for a few min.

thats would you think but we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
Pat berry vs cro cop comes to mind you filthy casual

O
^^^^^^^^^^This

If you look at the medical suspensions after events there are lots of broken hands and feet.
Been there, done it. Painful but easy to fight thru. Definitely not enough to stop fighting. Fractures are so easy to get in the small foot bones and there’s not much to do, just have to stay off it and let it heal on its own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back