• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what is the reason to throw a kick with your shin?

Low kicks with the shin are dangerous, here is why i've never even consider to use them in a fight, more safe to use the foot but still risky. This kind of kicks are used in thai boxe but in fact thai boxers actually have shins tough as iron because they condition the leg against any kind of thing possible to kick, mma fighters don't conditions their legs so........

Not to be that guy but many roids weakens the bones of the body over time.

we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
Aldo broke his foot bad against ...the nane escapes me ...he stopped throwing leg kicks after that until the Yan fight .

we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
Oh it happens frequently but usually less catastrophically. You’ve got that especially weird matrix of tarsals and connective tissue that can kind of shear up with big kicks, especially to a hard target. Crocop famously wore wrestling shoes for some Pride matches because he had breaks.

Especially if it's the first strike you throw and don't set it up with anything.

He didn’t even turn it over. What a dunce. Fuckin mma fighters. They get beat up in boxing and break their legs trying to throw kicks. Truly are a mixture of run of the mill athletes, and not really great at anything, besides maybe wrestling.

Jones has the smartest leg strikes in the game, kick with the bottom of your foot, no chance to break anything on yourself and more chance to damage to them

BHbp.gif

Because no one even tries kicking with their foot, it's so dangerous. Your foot is like your hand, it's made up of a bunch of small bones. It also hurts a lot less to be kicked by someone's foot than someone's shin
Rose just scored a KO with her foot. When it comes to head kicks and even body kicks there have been tons of stoppages with the foot. It's a myth that you can't hurt anyone with it.

usa-today-8283116.0.jpg

Going out on a limb (no pun intended) here, probably the best spot to leg/calf kick is near your foot, once you make contact closer to your own knee the foot mass hanging at the end of your leg in motion gets stopped at high speed and inertia does its job.

Of course the place it lands on has a huge effect here, he landed it close to Hall's knee and he planted his foot so it was like kicking a steel pole with full force.

Rose just scored a KO with her foot. When it comes to head kicks and even body kicks there have been tons of stoppages with the foot. It's a myth that you can't hurt anyone with it.

usa-today-8283116.0.jpg

ontop of that have you ever kicked something with your shin? GD it HURTS

Uriah Hall became my favourite fighter of all time after last night.

Guys break their foot bones all the time in MMA. You don't want to use your foot kicking. Your tibia is like a steel bar in comparison to your foot.

usa-today-8283116.0.jpg
You can still hurt someone with it yes, the leg is heavy but the power transfer is just not the same. Rose's ko was more accuracy, timing and bad defense from Weili. It wasn't a lot of shear power. A shin on bone ko just looks different. Not to mention the sound and feel of it

MammothPastHoiho-size_restricted.gif

ScarceMiserableDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

In this particular thread op is talking about leg kicks though? Would you think it would be smart to target an opponents leg kicking with the foot/instep rather than shin?

You can still hurt someone with it yes, the leg is heavy but the power transfer is just not the same. Rose's ko was more accuracy, timing and bad defense from Weili. It wasn't a lot of shear power. A shin on bone ko just looks different. Not to mention the sound and feel of it

MammothPastHoiho-size_restricted.gif

ScarceMiserableDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

In this particular thread op is talking about leg kicks though? Would you think it would be smart to target an opponents leg kicking with the foot/instep rather than shin?
That's the point, you don't need to have sheer power to KO someone. The purpose of using the foot is to have that quick snap that the opponent can't see coming. Wonderboy's debut fight he KO'd the guy cold with a quick one. When it comes to leg kicks the shin is the preferable since it digs into the muscle. That being said the foot is an option when it comes to calf kicks.

You are more likely to break your foot as opposed to kicking with the shin. Shit still happens when throwing heavy strikes whether it is a punch or a kick. Fedor had hand issues, crocop broke his foot head kicking Wanderlei, shins snap.

thats would you think but we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
Because the breaks with the feet are a lot more discrete. I.e pat berry vs crocop

You’ve definitely seen people break their foot, you just probably didn’t know. Small fractures are super common in the foot when kicking and you can continue fighting through the pain
Exactly they tend to be a lot more discrete

Only just recently they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Vale Tina said it's not a great technique. Risky. Listen to her.

Kick one elbow with the top of your foot and you will gladly hit with the shin bone after that.

Breaking the top of your foot will take you out of a fight easier and more often than a rare full break at the tib/fib

thats would you think but we've witnessed multiple people now breaking their shins inside the cage and i dont recall anyone ever breaking there actual foot throwing kicks minus a toe. i always thought it was a distance thing
Their? There?
<WhatIsThis>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back