what is the point in training in bjj if you never progress in 11 years in training

SHAOLINMONK420

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
ive been a 0 stripe white belt for 11 years. at what point do you just give up

There's always barber college.

You need to gift your professor a pineapple, then you will progress.

Just here to compliment your coach, if in fact this is legit (which I question). It takes some serious guts to not even give a guy a bluebelt if he's been training for 11 years, yet the coach feels the athlete isn't ready for the next belt - even if the athlete is absolutely terrible it would be the norm for him to be purple belt by that point. Stick with that guy...and maybe start talking to him about how to make progress.

Sounds like your ready for the UFC..

Just here to compliment your coach, if in fact this is legit (which I question). It takes some serious guts to not even give a guy a bluebelt if he's been training for 11 years, yet the coach feels the athlete isn't ready for the next belt - even if the athlete is absolutely terrible it would be the norm for him to be purple belt by that point. Stick with that guy...and maybe start talking to him about how to make progress.

If your athlete is training regularly for 11 years and his hasn't made any progress it's not a good indication of your coaching.

Here's the real question; would you feel there was an issue with your training, were there no belts involved to start with?

Try vitamins and minerals

true my standard for blue is to at least pass this 55 technique list u may not be good at sparring yet but i make sure they at least know technical fundamentals i only do test for blue and purple i feel to be purple you need to have certain skills down i might end up testing browns even in future

The story isnt well explained. There must be severeal things you are missing out in this question.

I tried bjj around the same time you started and quit after about 3 weeks. Every 'class' consisted of nothing but rolling and because I was a big dude(6'5" 195lbs) I was always paired with purple belts or on 2 or 3 occasions an experienced blue. There were no drills or techniques shown, just rolling with more experienced guys that only tapped you out as often as possible for the entire 'class'. I learned absolutely nothing. Not sure if that's just normal rookie hazing or if I was at a shit gym.

god i wish that companyw as stilla round.. miss the old brazilian companies the vt shorts were amazing
Only girls are allowed to roll in vt shorts and spats (everyone is allowed to wear a spats and shorts combo) at our gym.

I tried bjj around the same time you started and quit after about 3 weeks. Every 'class' consisted of nothing but rolling and because I was a big dude(6'5" 195lbs) I was always paired with purple belts or on 2 or 3 occasions an experienced blue. There were no drills or techniques shown, just rolling with more experienced guys that only tapped you out as often as possible for the entire 'class'. I learned absolutely nothing. Not sure if that's just normal rookie hazing or if I was at a shit gym.

That was a shit gym even by shit gym standards.

That's...weird. Like, really really weird - usually the only days like that are open mat, there is usually some drilling or technique training before you get to rolling - I've never actually heard anything like what you described.

Back