• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the most impactful defeat for Izzy?

andgonsil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
images

Izzy was undefeated in MMA

images

Defeated for the third time by Pereira and lost his belt

images

Destroyed both mentally and in the octagon by Strickland

The Strickland one is the hardest one to deal with I imagine:

- Losing to Jan isn't so bad because he's a bigger guy
- Losing to Alex isn't so bad because he already lost to him in kickboxing & then he finally got his revenge in the rematch

Not an easy way to excuse the loss to Stickland though.

- Losing to Alex isn't so bad because he already lost to him in kickboxing & then he finally got his revenge in the rematch

It was the most predictable though, even though it was the biggest upset. The Pereira rematch was such a climactic moment for Izzy that there's naturally going to be a let down afterwards.

Specially when he does not have a clear path of beating Strickland in a rematch. That must hurt because Sean made fun of him and talked a bunch of shit.

All fights where Izzy's leg kicks were nullified completely.
I would say the Strickland fight was most impactful.
-Checked all the leg kicks, which exposed how behind Izzy's "boxing" is when he can't set it up with the threat of the leg kicks. He couldn't do anything to a guy who has a jab and a teep kick. He couldn't take advantage of a guy who DOESN'T have to "rush in" to avoid the leg kicks and throw a hail mary of a strike and then counter off of that - it isn't needed when the leg kick problem isn't there. Just walk him down.
And then add insult to injury, it was on very short notice and Sean completely clowned him in the media/presser events.

I think it hurts more to think that a mentally unstable beat him.
Izzy himself is mentally unstable. His sexual deviance is arguably way more mentally ill than anything Strickland has going on

Strickland beat the shit outta Izzy. Izzy never wanna fight Sean again.

Corrado got double yellows, but this loser TS is still allowed to post troll threads.

Strickland and he will never recover from that loss.

This. The Strickland fight wasn't even competitive, and the mad shit Strickland said even before they had a match announced...

I think for most people losing to Strickland is a huge L. You lost to that guy.....
<Prem972>

When he lost to Jan he also lost his aura of greatness. The loss to Strickland is ojectively worse but he was also thought much less of than before he fought Jan.

Izzy literally cried after all that shit he talked and after getting his ass whooped by Strickland, pretty embarrassing.

Back