What is the bloodiest fight in UFC history?

Going old school, Dan Severn vs Oleg Taktarov was a damned blood bath

I'd go with Koscheck/Lytle, followed by Penn/Stevenson.

Edwin Deweez/Gideon Ray was a nasty one. It looked like someone turned on a faucet.

True, If I remember correctly at some point when Ray was trying to take his back looked like he got his throat slit.

Struve/Stojnic
susumu09.jpg

Penn/Stevenson was pretty nasty. Dewees vs. Ray probably eclipses it though. Blood was gushing into his opponents mouth for christs sake.
Hon. mention to Sherk/Florian

Penn vs Joe Daddy one would think.

But.

BigFoot is literally twice the size of Joe but with the same size gash, so one can assume he is pumping out blood at twice the speed.

Even thought it was only 1 round, I say there was more blood overall in Cain vs Bigfoot than Penn vs Stevenson.

Koscheck/Lytle is the king. When the entire audience is thinking "Aren't they gonna stop this??" for over 10 minutes, you know it's bad.

If Cain vs Bigfoot was as long a fight as the other nominees, it wouldn't even be close. If it went the full 15 minutes there would have been a truly unimaginable amount of blood on the floor.

I agree with this. If this fight had more rounds we would see more blood from the same cut and more blood from more cuts. Why the doc didnt stop that fight i have no idea. Bigfoot even asked the doctor to wipe his eye again because he cant see. Even though it didnt last long this fight had more blood then any fight i can remember

Babalu vs David heath was so bloody it got babalu kicked from the UFC.

Don Frye vs Takayama

Edit: Nevermind... Brutal, but not as bloody as most that have been mentioned.

Last edited:
From TUF 4 - Edwin Dewees vs. Gideon Ray.

Jay Hieron vs. Jonathan Goulet

Evan Tanner vs. David Loiseau

I don't think Tanner vs. Loiseau was very bloody, let alone candidate for bloodiest fight ever. Bad stoppage, too, IMO.

I still haven't seen Hieron vs. Goulet so I'm excited to find it online!

All the usuals have been named
Sherk Vs Florian was abit of a leaker

Babalu vs David heath was so bloody it got babalu kicked from the UFC.

I remember that one, people got so upset about Babalu holding the choke but conveniently forgot about the unnecessary head butt from Heath at the weigh ins.

All the usuals have been named
Sherk Vs Florian was abit of a leaker

Though I don't think it was the bloodiest, I was surprised it took this long for someone to mention it. Sherk bleeding profusely onto Florian's face for five rounds--classic!

As for the bloodiest I can remember, it was one of the fights on TUF. I can't remember which one, but it was one of the earlier seasons, and it was madness. I distinctly remember blood shooting out of one of the fighter's heads at one point like a water gun, as if he'd severed an artery. I was legitimately concerned for his health.

A few others that came to mind.. Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Randy Couture, Randy Couture vs. Vitor Belfort (UFC 49), Rory Singer vs. Josh Haynes.

That's what they want you to believe

Wake up sheeple

You're joking, right?

Dana loves the blood; shit, the Lauzon/Miller fight just last Saturday was pretty fucking bloody, and those guys got Fight of the Night. The UFC brass knows bloody fights sells to casual fans that are male between the ages of 18-34.

babalu v heath

Kos and Lytle

Joe daddy v BJ

Bigfoot and Cain

Goulet Heiron

Last edited:
Back