what is the best architecture style and why is it art deco

Big fan of Haiti Deco

cite-soleil-port-au-prince-haiti-24.jpg

That one is Art Nouveau, you sure you don't prefer that to Art Deco?

from what i understand of the different architecture styles, art nouveau isnt perfectly repetitive like art deco is, so that image is art deco, since the patterns look like they are repeated, as if it was mass produced. the flooring is absolutely art deco

7510f97937e9dcb4509a255ccdbbbe6d--art-deco-wallpaper-gold-wallpaper.jpg

pretty sure thats what your house looks like if you cant even afford to live in long beach LOL

I really don't think you want another one of your threads to hit the dump, goofball. Learn your place, you fake art wannabe! LOL

if you reverse image search the picture in question, google suggest "art deco 1920s" lol

The image in question is apparently from the interior of the SS Ile de France, which was a ship almost entirely decked out in Art Deco stylings. Guess I'll go fuck myself.

if you reverse image search the picture in question, google suggest "art deco 1920s" lol
Art deco is interesting it employs roundy edges and curves but other buildings labelled art deco seems blocky.

The image in question is apparently from the interior of the SS Ile de France, which was a ship almost entirely decked out in Art Deco stylings. Guess I'll go fuck myself.

its ok, they have some similarities, the ceiling design could be misconstrued

I am confused between the two.
Art Nouveau looks like it's more for chicks, whereas Art Deco looks like Gay Sophisticant.

You'll find earthier tones, and rounder shapes in Nouveaux. Muted greens, browns, purples, and skin tones. When you think of a French Villa, bistro, or cafe in a World War II film, you think of Art Nouveaux. Bottles of wine, bunches of grapes, and more natural inspiration.

Art Deco is opulent and decadent, and maintains cleaner lines and angles. Black, white, metal (gold/copper/steel). When you think of a fancy party, tuxes and tails, and 1920s flappers, you think of Art Deco. Multi-tiered cakes, ice sculptures, and gilded invitations. I'm pretty sure everyone loves Nazis but are painfully aware they cannot admit such. But how else would you explain their constant presence in films, moreover their iconography in large, large display? People love Nazis because of the Art Deco aesthetic.

Anyways, I've always been partial to the Baroque style.
700x1000-Siracusa-Duomo-20140604_Torild-Egge_7512.jpg

2-prague-saint-nicolas.jpg

I'm an Art Vandelay kind of guy myself. No time to post pics now but he did the new edition on The Guggenheim. Didn't take very long either.

Art Deco is awful and gothic is only good on ancient buildings.

Baroque is where the shit is at, i may be partial to it as a Mexican, but it simply looks good without looking forced.

Neogothic and neoclassicism seem too forced and usually out of place.

To me architecture depend a lot on climate and overall tone of a city or town.

Back