what is the best architecture style and why is it art deco

P

Pwent

art_deco_7.jpg

160516114959-napier-daily-telegraph-2-super-169.jpg

86d16bbc4c015506901634ca1411f3de.jpg

225px-American_Radiator_Building.jpg

dc0d30a12572e7b84a8d034815ec7245--art-nouveau-interior--interior-design.jpg

I think this will probably be an unpopular opinion in ITT, but i'm gonna have to say: Art Deco.

also brutalist architecture sucks, why would anyone like that shit

brutalist-architecture-masterpieces01.jpg

800px-Forum_Krako%CC%81w_10-2003.jpg

<DisgustingHHH>

gothic is OK but still not as good as art deco sexiness

milanfacade.gif

230px-Picardie_Beauvais2_tango7174.jpg

gothic only looks good on huge buildings, a gothic houses look stupid, but art deco can make cool anything
gothicmedoc.jpg

30-1.jpg

Art Deco has a few interesting elements but overall is fucking horrible.

I heard people liked it. But I thought those people were a myth made up by our parents to scare us at night.

Art Deco has a few interesting elements but overall is fucking horrible.

I heard people liked it. But I thought those people were a myth made up by our parents to scare us at night.

than which do you prefer, ya jabroni

not a super fan of art deco. I like anything modern, high tech, or structurally expressive architecture.

Art Deco's blend of shape and materials was an absolutely brilliant moment in architectural design.

if jews were slaves then do africans owe them reparations?
except there is no evidence that the jews built the pyramids, much less were slaves to the egyptians.

gothic is OK but still not as good as art deco sexiness

milanfacade.gif

230px-Picardie_Beauvais2_tango7174.jpg

gothic only looks good on huge buildings, a gothic houses look stupid, but art deco can make cool anything
gothicmedoc.jpg

30-1.jpg

If I will shit a building it better be Art Deco!

Minimalism all the way, holmes.
167c.jpg

i really love those when theyre a pretty big size and have a lot of "invisible" windows

The_Most_Minimalist_House_Ever_Designed_featured_on_architecture_beast_33.jpg

architecture-mirindaba-house-custom-minimalist-architecture-houses-.jpg

its up there with art deco imo

and it also even looks cool when its small or big, which a lot of other styles dont
90806_1_800.jpeg

Meh, whatever it is, it isn’t deco. The way I understand art deco is twofold. On the one hand, it’s the pub food that has butter chicken, kalamari, and sushi on the menu of architecture styles – it takes a bit from many places and does a mediocre job with all of it. On the other hand, it’s an architecture style that, philosophically, tried to capture the spirit of the modern, the industrial. This sounds cool, but what it means in practice is the repetitiveness, blockiness, and manufactured look of industrial product is actively tried to put into buildings. What this leads to is a building style that is oftentimes repetitive and blocky, and that’s usually mixed in with some watered down echo of some other more focused art style. It gets points for fusing things, but in the end it just has this shitty, eclectic style that doesn’t say much and what it does say is shitty.

I don’t know what the best is, but it sure as hell isn’t the art style that tries to mimic the canned look of industrial mass production. Art deco looks modern in all the wrong ways, as if someone was in a rush to say "Yeah, we don't make shit by hand any more... But look! We're obviously the best because we rip off the other architecture styles a bit!".

Last edited:
Back