What is Brady's path to victory against Burns?

No rocking an opponent in a fight means they landed a good shot (either accuracy or power can do that.) Being good at it means you regularly knock people out and win fights that way (consistency.) Those are the fighters that we typically agree are heavy handed. Chris Leben is a guy who had heavy hands and was always a threat to KO. I don't consider Gilbert Burns to be a KO threat. It is not a common path to victory for him. Gilbert Burns is a decision threat, especially now because he's undersized for 170.

I don't agree with your comments on fighters above. Matt Hughes was *always* heavy handed and has a lot of KOs and TKOs on his record from day 1 (not all from punches though.) Matt Serra is pillow fisted and has almost no KOs. He got a lucky elbow once (seems like a lot of people see one case and development delusional bias.) Tito has a few KOs.
You don't seem to watch any fights. Hughes never had good punching power on the feet though it got better late in his career. All your arguments are only based on what you can see on Wikipedia or fight finder. Serra developed good punching power later in his career and rocked a good number of his opponents after the TUF series with UFC veterans. You're not going to get what I'm saying without watching fights. Tito also rarely if ever hurt anyone standing till very late in his career. I don't think you actually watch MMA based on these last few posts you just look at Wikipedia or fight finder.

Burns is damaged goods at this point he’s gone through lots of injuries the past few years while Brady is in his prime and potentially still improving.

Brady is the better wrestler and has the better chin if it becomes a low level striking battle

Brady will win unfortunately

I , along with the whole world, will root for burns though …. But can’t imagine him doing much

Hell yeah, K-1 Brady have a new strategy to surprise us with TS.

He did try, Burns just kicked him off or got back up with ease. I just watched that fight, suggest you do the same.
I think that’s because Khamzat didn’t want to play in the guard or even try passing so when he did actually get a takedown he didn’t or was simply unable to pressure Burns on the mat.

I think that’s because Khamzat didn’t want to play in the guard or even try passing so when he did actually get a takedown he didn’t or was simply unable to pressure Burns on the mat.

Burns had a quick armbar attempt and after that Khamzat wanted nothing to do with him on the ground.

Burns best days have passed him by. Brady by whatever

Brady is the better wrestler and has the better chin if it becomes a low level striking battle

Brady will win unfortunately

I , along with the whole world, will root for burns though …. But can’t imagine him doing much
Gilbert has more striking exp than Brady by a long shot though, and he's also calmer under fire compared to Sean who completely crumbled under Belal's pressure on the feet.

Make no mistake about it, if Sean doesn't try to implement his top game here I think he's in for a rough one.

Gilbert has more striking exp than Brady by a long shot though, and he's also calmer under fire compared to Sean who completely crumbled under Belal's pressure on the feet.

Make no mistake about it, if Sean doesn't try to implement his top game here I think he's in for a rough one.
When has Brady not wrestled … belal because he couldn’t get antakedown against him …. He should be able to ground burns without much problem

Obviouslynhell
Have to be careful down there with him … but on top - he should be ok

And for what it’s worth Brady has a win over Craig Jones in a grappling match.

Didn’t submit him or anything but he did at the very least stall him out for a extended period of time.

Not to say he could do it to Burns but it’s something.

I hope for a striking match with the grappling canceling each other out.
Should be a fun match up and whatever happens, Burns will land some sweet lead right hands. As he is known for that.
Too bad he isn't a pressure fighter. Brady isn't good on his back foot.

His best bet is to point fight/shoot and grapple his way to a UD

Nut shot to takedown to eye rake to arm triangle

Doable. Burns seems on the downslide now and Brady's really strong with excellent top control - he can definitely grind it out.

Brady Hiestand coming for all these bums.

WAR BRADY

Brady has to avoid getting boxed up and make clinches against the cage happen

Add in the TDs and top-time and he has a path to victory

Belal was really putting it on Burns in that first round prior to Burns breaking his arm. And it happened defending a takedown didn't it?

But then Belal knew his arm was compromised and he did what everyone disliked him for.. he fought extremely safe and didn't take any risks for 4 more rounds just circling and barely doing enough to win rounds.

I think if Burns was still dangerous with both hands Belal would have continued to pressure him like he was at the beginning.
Belal outlanded him 19-15 in round 1, including the torn labrum. "Putting it on him" hahaha

Back