What improvements does Paddy need to make to become a legit title contender?

IQ, especially for being a young fighter. Blew his load last fight if i remember.

Technique being the next thing for me

I had high hopes for Paddy but after seeing his last two fights I'm starting to lose faith that he can even be a top 10 fighter let alone a legit title contender. At 29 he is pretty much in his prime with maybe 4 to 5 years left before that window shuts on him.

What does he need to improve and work on to become a legit title contender within the next 2 to 3 years?
Paddy has been fighting since he was like 17 or something and his fights were viewable. There is plenty of footage on him. We know what we got here by now. He's still relatively young but he doesn't make much improvement. Physically I think he looked good last fight and I don't think he looked all that bad but I think that's because Tony is washed. He leaves his chin up way in the air and has since he's started and has shown no improvement on that. Paddy is a decent popular fighter but likely not even a top 15. I wouldn't pick him to beat anyone in the current top 15. His ground game isn't that great. If you've followed him he has a tendency to get taken down and plays the BJJ game but just ends up losing rounds. I'm amazed at all the people who only watched his UFC fights and are in a delusional world
1706779223146.png

To be a legit title contender he needs the same judges he had when he got one of the worst decisions in combat sports history against Gordon.

More twitter followers, more viral videos and he will become UFC champ by 2025

lol @ thinking you need skills in this sport, all you need is dana white privilege

Not be Paddy.

Be an actually sufficiently talented and athletically capable human.

Cut that retarded corny Beatles mop off his head.

Get his diet in check.

Learn to strike and tuck his chin and clean up his rudimentary boxing.

Go back to childhood and learn wrestling.
/thread.

He’s fun to watch but I think he goes as far as he can with his small team. He relies too much on toughness. His wrestling and striking is serviceable but it’s not great. He has some ground skills but it’s not anything amazing.

You guys are delusional with you're opinions .. cant be a top 10? Let's look at the facts hes already in the top 10 prolly ranked around 7 and has a win over ferguson out of his prime but is still in there with top 5 guys ..

Paddy's style is ugly get over it me personally not a fan and only watch his fights to see if he gets smoked

until he fights a dp olivera gaethje chandler noone knows shite and hes in the mix for it now

Bring back the orange trunks and floppy hair

Entrance music Rod Stewart

War Paddy

Gaethje made Tony look mortal in a way that made Justin look good.
Paddy made Tony look mortal in a way that made Paddy look like shit.
The kids just isn't championship material.
As stupid as it sounds, the first clue was the diet. You can't be a totally undisciplined champion unless you literally have Bj Penn/Bones Jones genetics and even the two of them with all their issues have more discipline that Paddy.
I saw him eat a meal once that I cannot describe as anything other than shocking, and i live in Las Vegas, I see the landwhales of the Midwestern plains fly out here to abuse the buffet system all the time, i'm a seasoned veteran of observing gluttony.

I had high hopes for Paddy but after seeing his last two fights I'm starting to lose faith that he can even be a top 10 fighter let alone a legit title contender. At 29 he is pretty much in his prime with maybe 4 to 5 years left before that window shuts on him.

What does he need to improve and work on to become a legit title contender within the next 2 to 3 years?

More spinning shit , side check-kicks and Rolling Homers etc

Imagine Paddster finishing a fight with a Flying Homerplata?

If you had high hopes for Faddy it is because you have not followed him prior to the UFC. He actually improved a lot and surpassed expectations.

LW is a shark tank and I don't think he is that good at anything.

Props to him for making headlines and probably good money while having like 20 guys that are better than him in the UFC

You just don't improve that much at his age

You struggling with the corpse of Tony Ferguson in basically 2024, I highly doubt you're going to make it to contender status

He's just not premium Sausage Bro.

But he can still make an edible plate of Bangers and Mash.

I don't think he is going to keep winning,,, But I do look forward to his fights.

He is fun in the cage, & his antics don't bother me a bit.

Get his diet under control (won't happen) and round out his skills (probably too late for that).

He is entertaining but will always be a middle of road competitor.

Learn to strike, tuck his chin, and have some defence?

Back