What improvements does Paddy need to make to become a legit title contender?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I had high hopes for Paddy but after seeing his last two fights I'm starting to lose faith that he can even be a top 10 fighter let alone a legit title contender. At 29 he is pretty much in his prime with maybe 4 to 5 years left before that window shuts on him.

What does he need to improve and work on to become a legit title contender within the next 2 to 3 years?

Not be Paddy.

Be an actually sufficiently talented and athletically capable human.

Cut that retarded corny Beatles mop off his head.

Get his diet in check.

Learn to strike and tuck his chin and clean up his rudimentary boxing.

Go back to childhood and learn wrestling.

Start talking some smack. He's too quiet and humble for his own good.

He needs to have drug testing eliminated from the sport. During his bulking cycles he should move to Thailand and fight serious Muay Thai for two years and come back.

His professionalism. Ballooning up in weight to obscene amounts and then having to do brutal weight cuts is going to eventually take its toll
Don’t forget. There is no way this guy is training, learning, and improving if he’s fat within two weeks of his last fight. Then just eats until TC for his next fight. Whereas a guy like GSP would travel around. Train with the best in their field on their home field, so to speak. That’s what GSP used to do between fights. Training, learning, and improving.

If he was serious about improving. We probably should have seen proof of that by now. He’s getting paid (Don’t forget that big deal he signed with Barstool). And doesn’t care about trying to be a legit top contender, imo. Either because he knows he’s not good enough. Or just not willing to put in the serious work it takes to improve to be an elite UFC fighter.

It reminds me of Dern. A world class bjj player. But since day 1 in the UFC she has not improved her TD hardly at all. If she could get every fight to the ground once in each round. She’d have a good chance to be a champion. Depending who the champ is of course.

It’s just self sabotage. And seems premeditated, imo.

Back