What if Rhonda loses?

One woman can

PDG-Shayna-Baszler-3.jpg

I don't think she would win, but I love a Ronda/Baszler matchup, been talking about it for awhile. I think she is one of the few who could really test Ronda's entire skill set.

Why? Because you called it? Because you knew the whole time she was going to lose? Why will it be so funny that you will laugh your *butt off? Do you have something personal against her? Did she armbar you at the gym and not let go when you tapped?

are you a chick? You don't ask a guy, "why" he thinks the way he thinks. That's what chicks do. I will laugh my butt off too....who cares. Some of us don't feel she should be in the UFC, she's too arrogant and Cyborg will demolish her anyway

really hope she loses, tired of the hype.

I don't get this thought process. What hype are you talking about. Nobody forces you to read articles or threads. The only media you don't have an option to view or not is a commercial during a tv show. Even then look away. Change the channel.
This woman has armbared everyone she has fought. That is NOT hype. That's fact. That's the entertainment we want in our sport.
Explain to me what "hype" is bothering you? If its the celebration of an undefeated fighter that destroys the best competition out there that bothers you, what is it that you enjoy about MMA.

If ronda loses Carmouche is the new ufc wbw (women's bantamweight) champ.

I know it is very unlikely, but what happens if she gets caught and knocked out? Will Dana still have interest in keeping the keeping a women's division or will it cause him to scrap it because it's already a tough sell and without a 'star' it might be impossible. Thoughts?

she will not lose this time , but she will eventully . very hard to defend her wrestling and sub game . but someone who is good at it will be able to beat her.

If I was fighting Rousey I'd be training with people who are just as good or better at her in judo, I'd be bringing in MMA fighters with strong judo who have been succesful at transition that style into MMA. The thing we saw in the Tate fight is that the longer Rousey stands, the more uncomfortable she gets. You could tell she doesn't like to get hit and if these cats can keep it standing Rousey will get knocked out, TKOd, sub to the strikes, one of those. But the problem is her judo is sick, her armbars are like Cro Cop left high kicks, and it's going to take a strong wrestler with quality stand up to beat Rousey.

I don't think she would win, but I love a Ronda/Baszler matchup, been talking about it for awhile. I think she is one of the few who could really test Ronda's entire skill set.

I dont know about Shayna's tdd since most of the time she's the one trying to get it to the ground, but I have confidence in her sub d and hopefully the lack of fear in the td would allow her to open up with her striking, which has really looked good since she came back

are you a chick? You don't ask a guy, "why" he thinks the way he thinks. That's what chicks do. I will laugh my butt off too....who cares. Some of us don't feel she should be in the UFC, she's too arrogant and Cyborg will demolish her anyway

Please. Too arrogant? She is the best In the world. ZUFFA tells her be over the top. Sell sell sell. All her comments have been retaliatory. Except when she called out Cyborg. Cyborg was being "arrogant" then too when she was making fun of Carrano.
You are assuming I'm huge fan of Rousey. I don't care either way if Cyborg beats her. It seems though that Cyborg is ducking in every sense of the saying.

I asked why because its a forum where people communicate dumb dumb.

If Ronda loses?
People will continue to whine about the WMMA, while the UFC will promote Liz Carmouche, a former veteran of the US marines, as their new champ.
I will also be happy to see Rhonda lose, mainly because I'd rather see Liz be the champ

Last edited:

you re a douche. really this girl could kick any of our asses and the ppl who talk shit simply just feel immasculated by tht fact

also everyone saying it should b canceled if rousey loses knows nothing about WMMA. reguardless of its lack of depth, there r plenty of talented female fighters. this is NO different than a 125 lbs division and similar to the old HW division. if u cant appreciate the skills of the girls you arent a true fan of mma

Then the ufc has been saved.

I've already heard Dana use the phrase "Ronda, or whoever beats her." With all of the crazy shit he's seen in this sport, I'm assuming he has considered her losing as a possibility.

the ufc NEEDS to start a rivalry with rousey and tate as soon as possible. that is the only compelling storyline in the division.

Cyborg - no explanation needed
McMann - olympic medalist vs. olympic medalist
Holm - top ranked boxer in MMA
Baszler - Josh Barnett (who knows how to run his mouth for the sake of promotion) protege (who knows how to run her mouth as well).

that's cause there are no serious female grapplers at the top right now. wait till some black belt, ADCC level girls start entering MMA. ronda won't be armbarring them at will in 30 seconds.

Sara McMann?

I agree %100.
BUT By the time that new breed comes in and has the subs and the sub D, as well as the striking to get through her shell defence to clinch, the woman will have made a full bank load of money and and will have had probably another 6+ fights. Then the new ladies will have to work their way up to a title shot. So that will be another few fights. Ronda will be at least 8-10 UFC fights deep by then. Or More. Who's to say she won't retire to a cushy Zuffa media job in 3-4 years

Right now its just cyborg and that seems like its not happening. Sheila Bird? She's at 45 too.
Everyone else at her weight just can't compete. Sure their records might look good. But the pedigree just isn't there

Sara McMann?

Who is Rhonda? She isn't even important to MMA. This should be in another forum.

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that Rhonda will not lose at UFC 157.

Back