What if Rhonda loses?

This is an experiment by Dana. If it doesn't work the division goes away like a bad dream.

No body is going to beat this woman for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if she goes undefeated in her career.

that's cause there are no serious female grapplers at the top right now. wait till some black belt, ADCC level girls start entering MMA. ronda won't be armbarring them at will in 30 seconds.

plenty of people have managed to make a lot of money without looking like total jackasses in the process.

Yeah, but more have done it while making an ass out of themselves. Bill Gates made billions through theft of an unprotected product. Donald Trump makes however much he makes by being an ignorant dick. HP makes $$$ by making the worst reviewed products on the market. Don't tell me that because he's goes back on his word that Dana is somehow the exception to the rule. He makes decisions to promote the UFC. He's not an MMA promoter. He's in the $ making business.

not the ideal situation for the UFC but its not the end of the world like some thinlk...they promote carmouche and ronda gets a rematch after 1 win or possibly immediately...the UFC isnt gonna dump the females just because ronda loses...that would extra failure...not gonna happen...

I think Dana would make the same face he made when Brock and Cain lost.

that's cause there are no serious female grapplers at the top right now. wait till some black belt, ADCC level girls start entering MMA. ronda won't be armbarring them at will in 30 seconds.

I agree %100.
BUT By the time that new breed comes in and has the subs and the sub D, as well as the striking to get through her shell defence to clinch, the woman will have made a full bank load of money and and will have had probably another 6+ fights. Then the new ladies will have to work their way up to a title shot. So that will be another few fights. Ronda will be at least 8-10 UFC fights deep by then. Or More. Who's to say she won't retire to a cushy Zuffa media job in 3-4 years

Right now its just cyborg and that seems like its not happening. Sheila Bird? She's at 45 too.
Everyone else at her weight just can't compete. Sure their records might look good. But the pedigree just isn't there

Womens division canceled

Are you guys serious? If Rousey loses it just gives the UFC a chance to super hype the come back.

I know it is very unlikely, but what happens if she gets caught and knocked out? Will Dana still have interest in keeping the keeping a women's division or will it cause him to scrap it because it's already a tough sell and without a 'star' it might be impossible. Thoughts?

Rhonda who?

I will laugh my but off.

Why? Because you called it? Because you knew the whole time she was going to lose? Why will it be so funny that you will laugh your *butt off? Do you have something personal against her? Did she armbar you at the gym and not let go when you tapped?

People forget that women's MMA was gaining serious traction when Carano was an up-and-coming prospect. Had she beat Cyborg, we may have seen the UFC start a women's division even sooner. Instead, she got pummelled and left for a film career.

I think if Rousey were to lose her debut fight in the UFC, it'd do serious damage to the division. Carmouche is still pretty easy on the eyes, but I just don't think she would have the same kind of appeal to the mass market as champ that Ronda does.

No body is going to beat this woman for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if she goes undefeated in her career.

One woman can

PDG-Shayna-Baszler-3.jpg

Back