What if PPV is 25 dollars?

This thread would be "What if PPV is 10 dollars?"

usually with a decrease in the price of supply, demand goes up.

usually

There is a huge difference between demand and quantity demanded. Demand is not effected by price, quantity demanded is. At least read an econ 101 book, before you start trying to preach theory.

The price of a product is considered from many angles, and the amount usually represents the amount they can charge to make the most profit, it's not an arbitrary amount. If they decrease it too much, more people will watch, but they will make less, and same with raising the price.

If you happen to be one of the people that don't want to buy it at this price, it's unfortunate, but you've been accounted for, and have been deemed unnecessary.

It would increase the buy-rates, but I'm not so sure it would double them, which it would have to do in order to make up for the reduced price.

They would have to more than double the buy rate. You are assuming there is no variable cost.

usually with a decrease in the price of supply, demand goes up.

usually

Thats actually the opposite of supply and demand economics. Supply will not effect demand. Demand will effect supply and supply will effect cost based on demand. With PPV supply is limitless so demand is everything. Boxing promoters understand this which is why boxing events range from as little as 20 dollars all the way up to 80 depending on popularity of the fight. The UFC on the other hand simply prices every event the same(like pro wrestling), ignoring the fact that they are different cards featuring different fighters with varying levels of draw. And that base price has gotten very high. Where i am last time i split an event at a buddys the price was 80 dollars for the HD version, 50 for the SD. Thats a lot of money if your favorite fighter isnt on the card.

That's an awful idea. I highly doubt it would double PPV numbers which is what they'd need to do to get the same amount of money they are now.

You'd have to triple numbers for it to be worth it which is ludicrous. That means Jon Jones would have to sell like 1,000,000 buys every time lol.

But they don't make all their money from PPV sales, though. A lot of the money is product placement/advertising. Lowering the PPV price will bring in more legit viewers, meaning the giant logos on the Octagon floor will be seen by more people, and the UFC can charge more for that spot.

But they don't make all their money from PPV sales, though. A lot of the money is product placement/advertising. Lowering the PPV price will bring in more legit viewers, meaning the giant logos on the Octagon floor will be seen by more people, and the UFC can charge more for that spot.

Or lowering it would make advertisers go "wow this product must be in trouble if they're slashing prices!" or make consumers go "if I bought UFC 168 and it was 60 bucks---but this card right here is 25 bucks, this card must not be as good as the one I bought in December!"

I would totally buy it every time. Except for 174. That card is bs.

This is so true, I was looking at it today... DJ is one of my favorite fighters(mostly because I get to see him for free) but I see no other interesting fights this card.

PPV is a dinosaur in my opinion, there is too much stuff to watch for free whether you pirate UFC or not.

WWE seems to do well on PPV but thats because they are on TV like 12 hours a week hyping their product.

I think the UFC would do much better if the MAJORITY of the cards were free on commercial TV with 2-4 megacard PPVs per year, with 2 or even 3 title fights on each one.

those are the same people who think the fx cards are watered down because they are falling out of the loop when it comes to up and coming talent or important mid range fighters. its mostly the wwe cross overs who are slowly getting washed out.

i get it, if you don't want to spend the money because you're worried about being evicted next month, you can always check out the local watering hole, order a tonic water and try to get close enough to smell the barstool when that reasonably attractive chick gets up to go take a dump.

Ah, you're an idiot. No point responding further.

That would be a pretty good price. Would buy.

that means you and 5 of your friends can put $5 each and get it hahah

I don't think it would solve much

still wouldn't buy. instead i like streaming and paying zero.

Back