What if PPV is 25 dollars?

It shouldn't be universal when it comes to PPV price, they should fluctuate between 29.99 to 59.99 depends on the quality of fighters, and the quality of main cards.

Problem with dropping some shows to 29.99 is that it sends a signal to everyone that the show isn't worth paying for and that's why it's lower.

The reverse is true when you charge more. Hey, this show is special! If you've got five people coming over to watch, what's an extra 1 or 2 bucks a person. Same if you drop it...you think saving 2-3 dollars is really going to mean anything?

I think the boxing fights are like $80 and they're one fight cards. Doesn't seem to hurt those numbers. They used to air other fights and charge as little as $20 and no one bought them.

If it's a good card yes
I no longer have the option of getting a few people together to pitch in. Pretty much all of my friends are over mma now, I'm the last one standing and it's becoming increasingly embarrassing to remain a fan.

I would, $25 is cheap for a good time. Every fight I buy all my buddies come over and we bbq and have a few drinks, so for that price it'd just be more good times at a lesser price.

I have never bought PPV tbh and ive seen every UFC event i live in holland nowadays
I watch it live for free or download it the next morning and same goes for boxing :) All US sports i watch for free this is going on for years now every saturday/sunday morning i watch UFC or Boxing and i dont pay^.^ i would pay if i had too for some events but why should i i can get it for free everytime

i'd pay $20-25 a month for full UFC access.. many of the PPVs aren't worth it since I can't find anyone else around to watch oily man on man action..

I have been buying fewer and fewer lately. I love the sport and enjoy watching it, but its hard to stomach $65 dollars 1-2 times a month for 2-4 hours of entertainment. Two PPVs in a month is greater than my entire HD +all premium channels +Sports package cable bill.

Its less about being able to afford it for me than it is do I personally feel that I am getting my money's worth.

I look at it like this

I get paid $11.00 an hour. I'm watching 2 and 1/2 hours of entertainment. I have to work 6+ hours to be able to pay for a $60 pay per view. I will not do that. I think it's entirely unfair to charge that price for 2 1/2 hours of entertainment.

I'd gladly spend 25-35 dollars for decent cards

That's an awful idea. I highly doubt it would double PPV numbers which is what they'd need to do to get the same amount of money they are now.

You'd have to triple numbers for it to be worth it which is ludicrous. That means Jon Jones would have to sell like 1,000,000 buys every time lol.

Lots of Mordecai Goldstein's up in this thread.

If you don't buy the ppv's I feel like you are either poor, have no friends to split costs with, your parents won't let you order it on their cable package.

I feel your pain, but get a job and quit being such a weez.

Nah. I'd pay $25 per month for a high quality stream of every event that takes place within that month, though.

If you don't buy the ppv's I feel like you are either poor, have no friends to split costs with, your parents won't let you order it on their cable package.

Lol this. Friends is the biggest one, I mean it's pretty easy to get 3 guys to come over and throw in 10 bucks, I pick up the other 20 and they bring the beer and food.

Makes for a fun night. There is only what? Like 13 PPV's a year? About one a month?

And obviously most people don't watch/buy every one.

If you guys aren't buying the card then don't get upset when UFC doesn't do things the way you want them to be done.

Makes sense they only cater to the casual nowadays, hardcore fans are self entitled brats who don't buy cards anyways.

They'd still stream it if the price was $5.

Maybe some people don't feel the card is actually worth paying $60 or whatever for? Just because you have the money doesn't mean you have to throw it away. That's how you become poor again.

I have been buying fewer and fewer lately. I love the sport and enjoy watching it, but its hard to stomach $65 dollars 1-2 times a month for 2-4 hours of entertainment. Two PPVs in a month is greater than my entire HD +all premium channels +Sports package cable bill.

Its less about being able to afford it for me than it is do I personally feel that I am getting my money's worth.

this is how i feel

Well firstly, I'd assume the PPV providers would probably give the UFC a what's what over lowering prices. That's not something the UFC can do on it's own.

"Hey Comcast, DirectTV and Dish, we're dropping the amount of money we're charging for events you get 50% of!"

"Hey UFC, fuck off!"

They would probably in theory sell more PPVs but could they sell enough to make up what they're losing in the profit margin? 250K at 50 bucks is better for them than 400K at 25 bucks, especially if you're splitting revenue.

Maybe some people don't feel the card is actually worth paying $60 or whatever for? Just because you have the money doesn't mean you have to throw it away. That's how you become poor again.

those are the same people who think the fx cards are watered down because they are falling out of the loop when it comes to up and coming talent or important mid range fighters. its mostly the wwe cross overs who are slowly getting washed out.

i get it, if you don't want to spend the money because you're worried about being evicted next month, you can always check out the local watering hole, order a tonic water and try to get close enough to smell the barstool when that reasonably attractive chick gets up to go take a dump.

Back