What if PPV is 25 dollars?

No, but it's not the price, it's the effort and time invested in actually purchasing it. Dropping the price isn't going to make me more excited for the card.

Edit: shit, I thought I was still in worldwide talking about not buying the Bellator ppv. Yes, I would buy more ppv's if they were 25.

Same here, but, for a different reason. lol

Dana stole our money while Team Jackson ripped apart our hearts.
A lot of alcohol was consumed that night.
That was the day, MMA died.

Fun fact - Shogun always loses when Faber is on the same event as him.

It's not like other fighters really benefit from PPV.
Just the Champs + Dana + da bros.

They'd probably get a lot more buys but would make equal, if not less, money.

Sounds interesting, but no.

Other sports are free, so should be UFC.

I would consider 2.99 per ppv, everything over that is just way too much

In combat sports we have PPVs. Boxing has used the PPV model successfully for longer than UFC. So has WWE.

Other sports besides boxing and MMA have the athletes competing a lot more than once or twice a year. Major League Baseball players play 162 games a year. NBA players play 82 games a year. NFL players play 16 games a year but make less money per year on average than MLB and NBA players. If MMA fighters want to start competing at least 16 times a year, PPV won't be necessary for them either.

And TBH, people wouldn't even pay 99 cents if that was PPV price. People still bootleg music, instead of paying a buck something for a song on ITUNES they still download it illegally. If the UFC did a special for example, 5 dollars per fight or 20-25 dollars per event, then that would be a much smarter move

If you guys aren't buying the card then don't get upset when UFC doesn't do things the way you want them to be done.

Makes sense they only cater to the casual nowadays, hardcore fans are self entitled brats who don't buy cards anyways.

Dana stole our money while Team Jackson ripped apart our hearts.
A lot of alcohol was consumed that night.
That was the day, MMA died.

Fucking Faber...

Hahahahah it's so true

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen - Faber and Alcantra.

Faber and Bowles and Shogun vs Hendo 1.

Traditionally, a decrease in price in other PPV mediums (mainly wrestling) has resulted in a decrease in buys and the reverse is also true. There is some cause and effect to that though. Product interest decreases so price goes down in an effort to bring numbers back up. The fact is, the price factor isn't that big. Either people are going to buy or they aren't. I don't think the dropping it to 25$ would be enough to convince 2x as many people to buy.

Conversely, I think if you raised the price by 5-10, the numbers would not drop by 10-20% as the price increase would suggest they should. Again, if people are going to buy, they're going to buy. If they're not, they're not.

The last PPV where UFC charged an extra $5 for was the highest buyrate of the last 3 years.

PPV numbers won't change much, they'll just make less money. Most PPV sales are to sports bars.

It shouldn't be universal when it comes to PPV price, they should fluctuate between 29.99 to 59.99 depends on the quality of fighters, and the quality of main cards.

Back years ago I would consider $25 for a good card. That said, fighting is too unpredictable to pay money for. I don't like the PPV model and will never support it. What happens if the fights suck? At least with a game or movie, I kind of know what I'm getting and it's not a huge loss if they don't turn out good.

To me, $9.99 is the magic number. If I could pay $9.99 a month for all PPVs I wouldn't hesitate to sign up. That in my mind is a good deal and worth the price for what I'm getting and is money I wouldn't miss. I would probably do $14.99 as well but that's when it starts getting into that territory where it feels like a bill.

How many PPV buys come from people watching by theirself? I assume that most people watch events in a groups (or bars) where they split the cost. A 50% discount would only affect the people that don't order PPV's because they watch it by themselves and it's too expensive.
So basically a 25$ PPV would cut the revenue in half from people that would have bought it any ways, while maybe gaining a few more buys from people that wouldn't have. I don't think it's a good idea.

if they ever did lower the price, itd probably be 10 buck less or something around that.

I'd go from watching zero PPV's to one or two per year.

Back