What if PPV is 25 dollars?

If they were included on Fight Pass, I'd get Fight Pass.

Let's be honest, if all events were on free tv all the time, enough people on sherdog would complain about the quality of the cards and about dana white.

If they were included on Fight Pass, I'd get Fight Pass.
Problem is the WWE tried that with their Network and still got barely half the number of subscribers they'd need just to break even from losing out on the PPV revenue. Pretty sure the UFC would take a similar hit except worse cause they're not as established as the WWE.

i dont see ppv's getting any more watered down lol. most average fans dont know the majority of the fighters

You are right...but just don't see them halving their ppv price... Doesn't seem like a smart business move. Looks desperate, cheap.

You are right...but just don't see them halving their ppv price... Doesn't seem like a smart business move. Looks desperate, cheap.

i wish they would liimit the amount of ppvs, if they do keep the high price they have then they need to go back to less ppvs and just stack them and use the fox sports, fox, and fight pass cards to build up and comers and have contender fights like they do on some of them now. like brown vs silva

i wish they would liimit the amount of ppvs, if they do keep the high price they have then they need to go back to less ppvs and just stack them and use the fox sports, fox, and fight pass cards to build up and comers and have contender fights like they do on some of them now. like brown vs silva

Agree 100%

I'd buy a few more per year than I typically do. Wouldn't buy each one automatically, though. There has to be at least one major fight I care about, or else several other solid fights with fighters I'm somewhat invested in as a fan.

The question is, by lower their price by 60%, can they generate at least 60% more buyers to make up for the lost revenue. Probably not, I'm thinking.

I would pay $20 dollars a month if they included PPV's on fight pass.

Currently I order about 3 events a year, when I have other people interested in watching with me. But I would never pay $70 to watch it alone. That would be crazy.

Most of the major sports in the world is free to watch. But but but but, "we are neck and neck in terms of popularity on a global scale with soccer". But but but but but "are you seriously comparing MMA to these other sports in terms of revenue generated".

They need to scrap this PPV idea, it is not boxing, nor will it ever be. Want to get more popular, put every single event on FOX,FS1 and whatever other channel they use.

But to answer your question, if it was 25 dollars, I would buy more than 1 or 2 events a year.

Would you buy all PPVs? Will it increase buy rate dramatically?

Sounds interesting, but no.

Other sports are free, so should be UFC.

I would consider 2.99 per ppv, everything over that is just way too much

Would be better to buy fights individually.
I know it sounds like a complicated thing but.. when I watch the UFC, i'm really only excited for a couple fights.

What's BWW?

Boxing and wrestling both have PPVs so if the PPV model isn't "dead" for them, why are some people saying it's "dead" for UFC?

WWE has the WWE Network in addition to PPV.

yes, i would most definitely buy all ufc ppv's if it was $25 each.

Back