what happens if Khabib misses weight?

The UFC will cancel the fight and the main event will be Conor being crowned as the champ.
It will be a huge ceremony and Dana will put the strap around Conor

tumblr_nmyz2bZfW31s207suo2_500.gif
This day and age it would t shock me one bit if that happened.

That’s not the same thing though. If the challenger missed weight it’s not a title fight because the champion can’t lose his belt to a challenger that missed weight. If the champion missed weight they can still have the challenger fight for the belt because they are still eligible. Max Holloway did this against Pettis. Only the fighter that made weight was eligible for the belt. The champ that missed weight could potentially refuse to fight, but they could just strip him and let someone else fight in his place.

Well this would be a Conor fans wet dream I guess. Lets hope they don't get the opportunity to just hand him a belt. They have him on the p4p rankings with no fights so I wouldn't be surprised if they find him a soft target if this happened.

Well this would be a Conor fans wet dream I guess. Lets hope they don't get the opportunity to just hand him a belt. They have him on the p4p rankings with no fights so I wouldn't be surprised if they find him a soft target if this happened.
Don’t be silly. If Khabib missed weight they would have him fight Tony for the belt. That’s why he’s on the card. Same thing would happen if Conor can’t fight.

Don’t be silly. If Khabib missed weight they would have him fight Tony for the belt. That’s why he’s on the card. Same thing would happen if Conor can’t fight.

We would have to see I suppose. At one time I would have whole heartedly agreed with you the comment was silly, however, Dana and the gang has shown me that silly is not out of the realm of possibility. I would hope I am being silly, but ya never know.

It's totally fair for the champion to get stripped if they weigh too much for the division they're supposed to be champion of imo

I agree, and the UFC set that stanard by stripping Montano when she missed weight and was hospitalized. I fully expect the same situation to happen if Khabib misses weight. If you can't show up, make weight, and make it to your fight, you don't deserve to be a champion.

Whatever Conor wants would likely happen.

Don't anticipate Khabib missing weight especially for this fight.

I'd think the opposite -- with such a high profile fight, I would think he'd want to be as big as possible to gain an advantage. He looks huge to me at the pressers early this week, like around 180. If he was really 180 starting fight week.... cutting 25 pounds in 5 days is NOT easy.

Back