what happens if Khabib misses weight?

They can't just hand a belt to Conor. If they did strip him then they would have to have a bout for the vacant title with 2 top guys. Any other action would be a complete joke and a scam.

Don't worry though, if it did happen, they would line Conor up with a janitor for the strap.
Conor vs Tony until the athletic commission pulls Tony out of the fight for not looking good during the weight cut, then they likely stick Pettis in there.

They can't just hand a belt to Conor. If they did strip him then they would have to have a bout for the vacant title with 2 top guys. Any other action would be a complete joke and a scam.

Don't worry though, if it did happen, they would line Conor up with a janitor for the strap.
I think they can anoint a champ--didn't they do that with Ronda before the inaugural WBW fight?

What I meant was that the commission will not sanction a title fight if one fighter is overweight. The fight would not be a "Conor can win the title but not Khabib" scenario. The only way that would happen is if Conor won and the UFC decided to hand him the title--although even then it might have to be Interim until he fights an on-weight opponent?

That’s because the challenger missed weight. It’s not the same as the champion missing weight. You can’t strip the challenger of anything. That’s why that fight couldn’t be for the title.

that's what I said. they scrap the title fight.

I think they can anoint a champ--didn't they do that with Ronda before the inaugural WBW fight?

What I meant was that the commission will not sanction a title fight if one fighter is overweight. The fight would not be a "Conor can win the title but not Khabib" scenario. The only way that would happen is if Conor won and the UFC decided to hand him the title--although even then it might have to be Interim until he fights an on-weight opponent?

I agree. They did just hand Ronda a belt because she came into a new class as the champion from an absorbed promotion.

Stop! you're all willing this into existence like Mark Raimundi did talks of a MAY-MAC rematch.

Just stop it right now.

They will make weight and everything will go according to plan {<Mcgoat}

then the title becomes vacant man, this isn't rocket science bro, shit two champs lost their titles due to missing weight just last week..

That's why I am asking you fuckheads the questions. No need to be a little twat about it.

You little Conor :eek::eek::eek:s are a touchy bunch.

That's why I am asking you fuckheads the questions. No need to be a little twat about it.

You little Conor :eek::eek::eek:s are a touchy bunch.
lol really first off dipshit, how many times are you going to get the same fucking answer yet keep fucking ask the same question!
Are you fucking brain dead? Unable to grasp a simple fucking concept..,
You weren't just asking a question you we're repeatedly asking the same question , while not accepting the answer.

I was literally the 12th person who told you yet you want to act all fucking stupid

lol really first off dipshit, how many times are you going to get the same fucking answer yet keep fucking ask the same question!
Are you fucking brain dead? Unable to grasp a simple fucking concept..,
You weren't just asking a question you we're repeatedly asking the same question , while not accepting the answer.

I was literally the 12th person who told you yet you want to act all fucking stupid

Ya, bla bla. Wall of outrage. I didn't bother to read. You started being a little maggot boy and I called you on it. I am not interested in talking with douchebags. That should be obvious, it's not rocket science kiddo.

Ya, bla bla. Wall of outrage. I didn't bother to read. You started being a little maggot boy and I called you on it. I am not interested in talking with douchebags. That should be obvious, it's not rocket science kiddo.
Well obviously it's fucking rocket science to you you dumb motherfucker
You can't grasp a simple concept, it literally got answered in the first fucking page like 12 times...
Your dumb ass was just hoping that your
Boy could miss weight without there being any consequences...

Must feel good knowing your boy is going to be the first UFC champ stripped on a scale

Well obviously it's fucking rocket science to you you dumb motherfucker
You can't grasp a simple concept, it literally got answered in the first fucking page like 12 times...
Your dumb ass was just hoping that your
Boy could miss weight without there being any consequences...

Must feel good knowing your boy is going to be the first UFC champ stripped on a scale

Lol. still didn't read, dummy. Have a wonderful day kiddo.

My guess is the fight will still happen, but he has to vacate if he wins. If Conor wins, he gets the belt. They ain’t gonna stop that. Though I suspect he’ll vacate too anyway.

He made it pretty easily the last couple times. Still looks like shit on the scale since he cuts so much but his last couple fights with the nutritionist looked better than he did before

I'd be surprised if he doesn't, I think the Ferguson withdrawal was a wake up call for him

Also on that note, good to see Conor at LW these days. He looks about 100x healthier than he does at 145 and 170

It all depends on how much he would miss weight by, after a certain amount, if the fight were to still go on the commission would make it a catch-weight or welterweight non title match up. Khabib would probably be stripped and most likely, if Conor were to win, the UFC would just award him the title anyways because they do everything to please Conor. Also Khabib would give up 20% of his purse.

A touching moment for Dana and his son.
Screen-Shot-2015-09-30-at-12.04.10-PM1.png

on a sidenote, if somebody was making you tens of millions, it wouldn't be outrageous to make him your son.

that's what I said. they scrap the title fight.
That’s not the same thing though. If the challenger missed weight it’s not a title fight because the champion can’t lose his belt to a challenger that missed weight. If the champion missed weight they can still have the challenger fight for the belt because they are still eligible. Max Holloway did this against Pettis. Only the fighter that made weight was eligible for the belt. The champ that missed weight could potentially refuse to fight, but they could just strip him and let someone else fight in his place.

ironic ,if you would have read the thread you wouldn't have been turnt into a bitch running away from me

Oh, boy. You are an easy one. Call you a few names and you are triggered, lol. Try a little self control kid.

Back