what happens if Khabib misses weight?

As far as I know it is a non title fight. I love how everyone wants to make up special rules for Conor.

Hey, who knows, maybe Dana would do that for his baby boy. Then you guys would all celebrate like it means something.

No it wouldn't usually be the case. If the fighter missing weight is champion, the title is automatically taken away from them and still available for the contender to win.

If the competitor doesn't win they still strip the title? Never heard that before. I know with Lutter, it just became a regular fight and didn't even count as a defence for Andy. Where is the logic in that? It's either scrapped as a title fight or not would make the most sense. The commission santions the event.

If they stripped Tony for being injured they'd better strip Khabib for being overweight (if it happens which it likely won't).

As for the title, I believe both fighters have to make weight for it to be a true title fight. The idea of Conor being able to win it isn't a real thing--it would be the UFC stripping Khabib and awarding it to Conor, nothing to do with who wins the actual match.

They can't just hand a belt to Conor. If they did strip him then they would have to have a bout for the vacant title with 2 top guys. Any other action would be a complete joke and a scam.

Don't worry though, if it did happen, they would line Conor up with a janitor for the strap.

They can't just hand a belt to Conor. If they did strip him then they would have to have a bout for the vacant title with 2 top guys. Any other action would be a complete joke and a scam.

Don't worry though, if it did happen, they would line Conor up with a janitor for the strap.

Nah, they have Tony in the card for a reason.

That may actually be better than the fight and I like Khabib but I would be laughing.

If the competitor doesn't win they still strip the title? Never heard that before. I know with Lutter, it just became a regular fight and didn't even count as a defence for Andy. Where is the logic in that? It's either scrapped as a title fight or not would make the most sense. The commission santions the event.
That's how it works. It happens regularly in smaller promotions, the most recent example of it in the UFC was Pettis vs Holloway. Pettis missed weight and wasn't eligible to win the title, but Holloway was.

Khabib will come in at whatever weight he wants to punish Conor for talking about his dad
<13>

when khashook misses weight, his fat ass will still get KTFO.

He gets stripped, Conor KTFO his ass and becomes LW GOAT.

0 chance that happens. For him, this fight is all about getting into the cage, because that guarantees his payday. Fighters miss weight when they try too hard for the competitive advantage. We know based on previous guys who miss weight, that nothing that bad happens to the guy who misses. When you aren't fighting for the red panty payday, the goal is to not lose, even if it means not even fighting. That's because one loss can cost a guy millions of dollars over the course of his career. In this case, missing the fight will cost Khabib probably 10 million, maybe more.

That's how it works. It happens regularly in smaller promotions, the most recent example of it in the UFC was Pettis vs Holloway. Pettis missed weight and wasn't eligible to win the title, but Holloway was.

And when the challenger loses?

They will strip Khapullout faster than a whore and Conor will fight whoever is available.

"I sorry guys...I go to hospital. Next time is Khabib time"

That’s because the challenger missed weight. It’s not the same as the champion missing weight. You can’t strip the challenger of anything. That’s why that fight couldn’t be for the title.

Khabib would be stripped, I'm assuming. Would Conor then become champion if he won? Technically wouldn't make sense for him to since the fight wouldn't technically be a Lightweight bout, but I'm not sure.

I've read that in that case it becomes a non title fight, is that true? In boxing if the champ misses weight he gets stripped, I don't think it's like that in the UFC tho, I read that it just defaults to a non title bout and it doesn't matter who wins as far as the belt is concerned, is that so?
Doubt he misses weight.. he came in under 155 his past two fights. He's looking leaner then prior to those last two fights currently. But if that were to happen, Khabib missing weight, then if McGregor wins, he gets the title, if Khabib wins, he keeps his belt but it goes down as win and non title defense.

Let us not forget Romero had a chance to become champion twice in a row, but failed to make weight both times just recently.

Can't win, Conor can. Otherwise next ups will challenge for the vacated belt.

They will fight a non title bout. It will end like Rocky II, with them knocking each other out only no one gets up and it’s a draw. Rematch for the belt, PPV for $299, and it will all be real.

Back