what happens if Khabib misses weight?

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've read that in that case it becomes a non title fight, is that true? In boxing if the champ misses weight he gets stripped, I don't think it's like that in the UFC tho, I read that it just defaults to a non title bout and it doesn't matter who wins as far as the belt is concerned, is that so?

That would usually be the case, but since this is Conor, Khabib will get striped and Tony vs Conor for the vacant belt.

only mcgregor can win the title if he loses its vacated. but khabibs dropped some muscle and really leaned out so i dont anticipate it being an issue

Khabib keeps the title upon win, but it doesn't count as a title defense(setting precedent for a rematch). Conor takes the belt if he wins.

The UFC will cancel the fight and the main event will be Conor being crowned as the champ.
It will be a huge ceremony and Dana will put the strap around Conor

tumblr_nmyz2bZfW31s207suo2_500.gif

Dana should strip him the belt and Conor should fight another fighter for that belt.

The UFC will cancel the fight and the main event will be Conor being crowned as the champ.
It will be a huge ceremony and Dana will put the strap around Conor

tumblr_nmyz2bZfW31s207suo2_500.gif
A touching moment for Dana and his son.

WEC and cage warriors have both stripped champions who missed weight which is the fairest punishment, imo
The cage warriors one only happened last week too

It's totally fair for the champion to get stripped if they weigh too much for the division they're supposed to be champion of imo

A peasant (UFC fight pass holder) will be selected at random to kneel before McGOAT and pleasure thy King.

Stripped and really not sure what happens after that. I assume they fight with nothing on the line and Conor remains one of two fighters that will fight for the vacant belt after that. It's tricky considering Conor was stripped.

I would reply with what happens but it has already been done six times on this thread. People can stop responding now.

If they stripped Tony for being injured they'd better strip Khabib for being overweight (if it happens which it likely won't).

As for the title, I believe both fighters have to make weight for it to be a true title fight. The idea of Conor being able to win it isn't a real thing--it would be the UFC stripping Khabib and awarding it to Conor, nothing to do with who wins the actual match.

Whatever Conor wants would likely happen.

Don't anticipate Khabib missing weight especially for this fight.

That would usually be the case, but since this is Conor, Khabib will get striped and Tony vs Conor for the vacant belt.
Only right they should be stripped for missing weight, what kind of incentive is there to make weight when you can miss it, keep the belt and gain a big edge.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it then becomes a triple threat match and Khabib or Conor could lose the title without getting pinned or submitted.

It's expected.
Tony v pettis? Honestly?

That would usually be the caser
No it wouldn't usually be the case. If the fighter missing weight is champion, the title is automatically taken away from them and still available for the contender to win.

Back