What got you into watching UFC?

It was a weekend and me and a few friends were at the video store and came across the UFC 1 video at the local rental place.

We'd heard a bit about the UFC and thought it would fit in nicely with the other stuff we were renting which was a mixture of chop socky flicks and 3rd rate horror movies.

We ended up watching many of the fights multiple times, using slow motion extensively so we could figure out what the heck was actually happening. Sometimes it seemed almost like magic the way that Royce would look like he was in deep trouble, and then suddenly the other guy was tapping.

It's wierd to look back and remember that even the announcers were just as confused as we were back then.

UFC became part of our regular viewing diet after that.

Ortiz/Shamrock, their first encounter.

This fight was what made me go from a casual fan to hardcore. Also, Fedor/Fujita was around that time. I had no idea who they were, just that Fedor was the champ. After watching that fight I was like man that guy has a lot of heart. At that time, we weren't use to fighters being hurt and coming back to win like that.

Answers I don't want to hear...

"The very knowledgeable commentary of Mike Goldberg!"

"That trash talking Fedor!"

"Werdum's stand up game!" (Unless you became a fan during his last 3 fights).

Paul Buentello's post fight speeches got me into MMA.

I had heard about mma for a while from a few different people. Never got my attention, until I came across the Greatness of Fedor. The way he fought and his calm demeanor that was the opposite of it was amazing. Been a mma fan since.

in the mid 90's you could get like a 12 hour block of ufc programming on sattelite on new years eve, hooked me good.

Answers I don't want to hear...

"The very knowledgeable commentary of Mike Goldberg!"

"That trash talking Fedor!"

"Werdum's stand up game!" (Unless you became a fan during his last 3 fights).

I was a great admirer of Brittney Palmer's artwork when I found out she also worked for some company called UFC and things just progressed from there

Probably gonna sound silly, but UFC 3 the game got me into it. I had been a WWE fan quite a while before that so when I stopped watching WWE I felt a little bored. Then I bought the UFC 3 game and loved it.

I also vaguely remember watching a fight on TV a while ago (I believe it was Edgar vs Siver, when Joe Rogan said Siver looked like a gorilla :)) and was quite impressed. Also the fact that they had smaller weight classes fighting, it made it feel more "realistic" and like pretty much anyone could do it. Which is also a plus.

I was a great admirer of Brittney Palmer's artwork when I found out she also worked for some company called UFC and things just progressed from there

Yup, she's a woman with many talents. I could totally see it. :icon_chee

Cousin told me about real fighting and a 600 lbs guy against a 200lbs guy .....turned out it was UFC 3 ......always liked Pride FC better though once I got into that

Probably gonna sound silly, but UFC 3 the game got me into it. I had been a WWE fan quite a while before that so when I stopped watching WWE I felt a little bored. Then I bought the UFC 3 game and loved it.

I also vaguely remember watching a fight on TV a while ago (I believe it was Edgar vs Siver, when Joe Rogan said Siver looked like a gorilla :)) and was quite impressed. Also the fact that they had smaller weight classes fighting, it made it feel more "realistic" and like pretty much anyone could do it. Which is also a plus.

I know a few people who got into it from all 3 games on the last gen systems. Not silly at all.

Ken Shamrocks lions den match against Owen Hart. Never heard of it before that. Rented some tapes of Ken fighting after

It's like i always say dont fear me.... *crickets

I'm actually still wondering what he expected from the crowd. I just don't want to believe that he really thought anyone in the crowd was going to say that shit.

Simply put...The JBG. Back in the 90's you young bucks.

Strippers.

No lie. I used to go to this strip club for drinks after work because it was the only place open late that still served near my home. I watched my first UFC event there. I remember one of the dancers getting all pissed at me because I was watching a fight instead of paying attention to her.

Real life is better than fiction.

Tito beating Ken Shamrock into a living death at UFC 40

Back