What got you into watching UFC?

I saw the first couple UFC events on VHS but never really got into it consistently till TUF 1. Anyone who slams that series doesn't understand how pivotal it was for many fans and how much of an ignitor it was for the sport in general

Despite the hijinks in the house, it definitely showed that most of these guys were just regular people who happened to love what they do. It changed the opinion for a lot of people who thought it was just mean, ugly dudes fighting.

was at bdubs and saw this shit

index.php

For me it was Urijah Faber during his WEC title reign. Then I started watching Randy Couture and Matt Hughes videos on Youtube.

Learned about BJJ in 1991 at an Aikido school whose head instructor trained with the Gracies. In SoCal, Helio and Rickson were already minor celebrities. Grapplers at my school idolized Rickson, talked about "the Gracie challenge," and cited the Rickson/Zulu fights as evidence that striking was almost useless in a real fight.

Then UFC 1 showed up on video at my corner store and I was hooked. But I thought WTF, where's Rickson? Then I thought, "holy shit, the BJJ guys were right, you really DON'T need striking."

Last edited:
Chuck and Arlovski back in 05-06

I heard there was a Mohawk guy and a dude with fangs who were messing people up in a cage, I had to check it out

A co-worker mentioned something about watching them. He started to tell me about Tank Abbott and brought some DVDs in for me to watch. Somewhere between UFC 40 and TUF 1. Instantly hooked.

Use to watch K-1, was a huge fan of Cro Cop. Then he signed with Pride. The rest is history.

Lol Fedor vs herring. Started watching pride and the ufc right after that

Sitting in the Barracks in 2005' getting drunk and the TUF 1 marathon came on, watched the whole season in one day. Then the live card started, Forrest vs Bonnar and Sanchez vs Florian. Have been hooked ever since. First PPV was UFC 60, Hughes vs Gracie.

I wish I started training BJJ like I wanted to back then but I felt like I was too old to start that. I was 20. For whatever reason I always associated marital arts to boxing thinking you had to start at age 10 or younger to be any good.

Being a huge K-1 Fan in 2008 and watching Badr Hari illegally kick Remy Bonjasky while down during his first title bout, I realized how corrupted it was, never really followed it again.

Fedor and Cro Cop videos on youtube.

Watched Fedor vs. Rogers live on CBS as my first live fight

Hooked ever since

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back