What got you into watching UFC?

Ortiz/Shamrock, their first encounter.

UFC undisputed 3 and then Jones vs Evans was right around the corner. Great first fight to watch as a brand new fan. Huge epic fight and my boy Jones won.

Fedor, I had already watched a little bit of ufc but once I saw Fedor fight big nog I was hooked. After that I tried to watch every live Pride/Ufc event I could.

WCW was bought out by WWF. I hated WWF, so I tried MMA.

My older brother watched UFC 1 on the old black box descrambler.

UFC 1 video rental.

How the f*** can that little dude destroy all those monsters?

My roommate was bringing home dvds from Hollywood/Blockbuster video of earlier shows and some Pride stuff. Then Spike started TUF 1 and I went all in.

This guy

andersonnewtonpb9.gif

Friends ordered UFC 1 on VHS shortly after it was on PPV, didn't like it much or UFC 2 but from 3 and on I've loved it ever since. UFC 20-40ish wasn't overly exciting from what I remember though.

240g aquarium broke in me and my girls livingroom in our small apartment, so we had to stay in our bedroom for like 3 months, because it all had to be dehumidified before new flooring etc. could be laid.

So i had to find something to occupy my time with, preferably something where i could put on headphones to drown out the noise of my girls moods, and randomly stumbled on a UFC torrent on Isohunt, and decided to check it out, and was hooked from that moment.
I remember it being one of Randy Couture's fights headlining, but don't remember which exactly

Style vs Style matchups. Which system is (was) the best in a real fight?

Back