What got you into watching UFC?

I haven't been watching as long as a lot of you. Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 1. Was just starting to watch regularly. Was a spectacular event.

1995. Little video store by my house. They had a little x-rated section in the back that we would always sneak into lol, right next to it, they had a couple racks of movies that were hardcore like faces of death and banned for t.v stuff.....below it all I browse down and see this ...
UFC_3_The_American_Dream_Poster.gif

I went home and me and a friend watch it, we thought it was fake or something, but then we end up going to his place and his dad being into martial arts and all tells us its real and actually rented them all....we were like...ALL??? theres more???!!!

So began my fascination with the world of NHB/MMA

when the ufc decided to bring female mma over, i decided to watch this gay sport :)

CM PUNK. Joke aside, first thing I saw was a copy on VHS back then with Big Daddy smashing that poor guy with elbows, damn. I was always a combat sports fan, specially K1 and Pride and after 2010, I only watch UFC.

A few of us were buzzing off our nut on Mdma and saw the countdown show for ufc 107 Penn vs Sanchez just before the main card started.
We thought kongo was gonna smash Mir in the Co main event and Sanchez looked like a savage in all the clips.
Both our predictions went completely the opposite way but was converted to Mma instantly.
As im from England the event finished at 6am but went home and stayed up until midday searching the net for old fights.

This was my first. Watched it with my TKD teacher at the time.

Came for Chuck, stayed for Georges. Side affair with Arlovski.

Back