What fighters dont cut weight?

@pride_rules Is saying you’re on the autistic spectrum. He’s trying to put you down but only making himself look ignorant because he doesn’t have an intelligent response or the ability to articulate any cogent point so he resorts to petty name calling. He resorts to using the developmentally disabled as an insult. Using a vulnerable population to cover his own intellectual deficiencies.
Nah I know I’m just joking around it was a reference to cobra kai

Nah I know I’m just joking around it was a reference to cobra kai
I got it but can’t stand these people using terms like that as an insult. I make it a point to shame them when I see it.

Both Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal didn't cut much weight. They're in their natural division

For Colby that explained his overall cardio and he's also not that muscular at all.

Donald and Nate are clearly bigger than McGregor. They are not twice as big but they are bigger no question. Their frames are bigger and they weigh more which is why you didn't see either of them competing at 145lbs and why they have fought at 170lbs many times.

No they're all roughly the same weight. Donald and Nate didn't cut to 145 because they have self-respect.

It seems basically every fighter does, and has, cut weight. Maybe HW are only ones who do not...

Example, Conor can cut to 155 easily. But when he fought Nate at 170, he came in at like 168 1/2. So he is a very small WW. Come fight night, he isnt putting weight back on due from cut. Where as Cerrone will be cutting to make 170.

Yes they will both make weight. But some fighters put a lot back on after weigh in and come fight night.

I’m not sure where you are getting your info from, but both Dana and Conor have said Conors cut to 55 has gotten difficult.

I don’t think Raging Al cuts much weight

It's an interesting time now seeing people moving up and stop cutting weight ( like Pettis ; Masvidal ; DosAnjos at WW)
Hope we can see it more and more. It's terrible for your health to cut 20+ ponds and get it back in several days.

Yeah, it's better for the fighter's long term health, but more importantly, it's good for the fans' entertainment. We get to see better fights, because the fighters aren't drained stepping into the Octagon.

Yeah, it's better for the fighter's long term health, but more importantly, it's good for the fans' entertainment. We get to see better fights, because the fighters aren't drained stepping into the Octagon.
100% true

It seems basically every fighter does, and has, cut weight. Maybe HW are only ones who do not...

Example, Conor can cut to 155 easily. But when he fought Nate at 170, he came in at like 168 1/2. So he is a very small WW. Come fight night, he isnt putting weight back on due from cut. Where as Cerrone will be cutting to make 170.

Yes they will both make weight. But some fighters put a lot back on after weigh in and come fight night.
conor cut from 177

Also, Machida weighed in at 202 (iirc) for a LHW bout. Maybe against Henderson, not sure.
Way before that, he fought BJ Penn at HW. He was 225lbs, fat and flabby. Both were fat and flabby, actually. Penn was 191.

Also Penn weighed in at 168lbs vs GSP. He had jeans and shoes on.

HW's only, lighter weight classes cut, some more than others, but in this era of MMA such thing does not exist.

There is no data on Conor fight night weight, i absolutely cant believe that a guy that looks like he did making 145 walks/fights under 170lbs...not a chance, he cuts just like most LW do, they all cut from above 170lbs, Conor included.

Cerrone spent nearly his whole career at 155, he might be slightly larger than Conor but 5 lbs at most. Yes, he's taller, but he's also much thinner, Conor carries a lot of muscle mass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back