What fighters dont cut weight?

Conor at WW only cuts a few pounds probably.
Gaethje by his own words is 160 pounds or so.
Gastelum at MW cuts very little.
The list goes on.

Ryan hall

he weighed in at 155 vs BJ and then his in cage weight was 156
Ryan Hall fights at FW typically.
Lots of HWs but Frankie Edgar at LW was the only one I can think of who fought in a division where everyone else cut and he did not.

Jones cuts little to no weight at all. When he's in fight shape, he's nearly 205. There was an embedded not too long ago where he's seen eating pizza like a week before the fight.

A couple of weeks ago, somebody was telling me on one of these threads that Jones cut from 240.

That's height bud, this is about weight. Donald isn't three times the size of Conor. Neither is Nate.

Conor's a big boy, he doesn't need his ass wiped by anyone besides Dana.

Donald and Nate are clearly bigger than McGregor. They are not twice as big but they are bigger no question. Their frames are bigger and they weigh more which is why you didn't see either of them competing at 145lbs and why they have fought at 170lbs many times.

A couple of weeks ago, somebody was telling me on one of these threads that Jones cut from 240.

it's absurd that people say that, or that he is too big for the weight class.

he's 210 - 215 week of the fight, and has never even looked drained on the scale

Jones cuts little to no weight at all. When he's in fight shape, he's nearly 205. There was an embedded not too long ago where he's seen eating pizza like a week before the fight.
Dude Jones has a tweet (or maybe it was an interview) that he was 230lb with a 6-pack. He walks around 220-230. He might have been eating pizza as a cheat day?

I don’t know what that is but I suggest you get off of it pronto
@pride_rules Is saying you’re on the autistic spectrum. He’s trying to put you down but only making himself look ignorant because he doesn’t have an intelligent response or the ability to articulate any cogent point so he resorts to petty name calling. He resorts to using the developmentally disabled as an insult. Using a vulnerable population to cover his own intellectual deficiencies.

Jon Jones

it's absurd that people say that, or that he is too big for the weight class.

he's 210 - 215 week of the fight, and has never even looked drained on the scale

Dude Jones has a tweet (or maybe it was an interview) that he was 230lb with a 6-pack. He walks around 220-230. He might have been eating pizza as a cheat day?

Not true at all.

Proof:https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...-only-had-4-5-pound-advantage-on-amanda-nunes

Jones weighed in at 205 and then was 222 in cage in his rematch with Gustafsson. He cuts 8.5% of his weight. Which is close to the limit of 10%. So hes cutting from roughly 220. He walks around as high as 240.

So how is my post not true at all? Seems like we’re saying the same about his walk around weight plus or minus 10lbs.

I just tagged you b/c you were part of the Jones discussion

Lots of HW's, but if we don't count HW.. then Joe Lauzon doesn't cut much weight at all, he ain't a big LW, he is only 155-162

Dominick Reyes said that he barely cuts any weight and is right around 205, although I feel he maybe lying, he looks bigger than 205 to me. But maybe he was being honest, I don't know.

Sam Alvey doesn't cut weight, he said he moved to LHW from MW so he can fight at his exact walk around weight.

It seems basically every fighter does, and has, cut weight. Maybe HW are only ones who do not...

Example, Conor can cut to 155 easily. But when he fought Nate at 170, he came in at like 168 1/2. So he is a very small WW. Come fight night, he isnt putting weight back on due from cut. Where as Cerrone will be cutting to make 170.

Yes they will both make weight. But some fighters put a lot back on after weigh in and come fight night.
See my signature.

/thread

Not true at all.

Proof:https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...-only-had-4-5-pound-advantage-on-amanda-nunes

Jones weighed in at 205 and then was 222 in cage in his rematch with Gustafsson. He cuts 8.5% of his weight. Which is close to the limit of 10%. So hes cutting from roughly 220. He walks around as high as 240.

sure his walk around weight is ~230ish, but during fight camp he loses a lot. He's said that he's about 215 fight week multiple times. couple of examples:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/...ecause-quite-frankly-they-want-to-see-me-lose

"Jones, on the other hand, said he was around 215 pounds and feeling good on Thursday, and he believes the size discrepancy could play into his favor." This is from the fight against Smith

217 lbs, this would have been 4 days before the 1st fight against cormier

Mike Swick was really undersized at MW. He really didn't cut weight during his 185 stint. After the Okami fight he said he woke up on fight day at 183lbs. I think that's when he was starting to have problems with his esophagus making it hard for him to stay MW since he couldn't eat enough, and that forced an eventual cut to 170.

Back