What exactly has Cain done to prove hes better than JDS

"Velasquez has the highest SLpM (Strikes Landed per Minute), landing 7.47 strikes on average per minute.
The article also notes that Cain is one of the most savage, ferocious, and violent fighter seen in MMA.

Looking on numbers alone, Cain seems to be a beast.
The way this number is calculated is the problem. Cain takes his opponent down, gets a dominant position and starts raining punches - huge volume often without much power. He landed 200+ punches on Kongo without finishing him and Rothwell didn't even try to block the punches at some moments because they were not harming him (although Big Ben was punished severely for his neglect of defense).
JDS' achievement - 5 or 6 punches per minute (that he lands standing) - is a much better feat in my book.

P.S. If we look on numbers without seeing where they come from Lesnar would be the best HW striker ever - his striking accuracy is 70%. And only further research will show all this great accuracy comes from GnP from dominant positions.

the question is who in the hell said that Cain is better than JDS? we will find out this weekend thats for sure

oh and your buddy needs to stfu obviously

I am a fan of both fighters but I simply think Cain has more potential. We have seen fighters like JDS in Chuck, CroCop, Arlovski, to some extent Machida, etc. They are physically gifted (quick, accurate, can take a punch) and are very good at striking and TDD.

The problem is they start deteriorating with age and their game holes become more apparent. Then other fighters figure out the strategy to beat them which causes them to decline dramatically in a matter of fight or two. I have a feeling that might happen to JDS in a few years.

Cain dominates other fighters by being skilled in multiple disciplines through hard work and tenacity, rather than genetics. I can see him having a long dominating career like Hendo, Randy and Fedor.

The truth is that both are damn good fighters. They are the best HWs in the world (put Uberrem there too)

I belive JDS has beem more tested than Cain, after all, he beat him. I belive JDS wins again, but anything can happen in a match with that fighter material

Cain should be and he is the underdog

I don't understand people discounting JDS takedown defense and claiming that he hasn't faced a wrestler like Cain. He's faced Cain, who did reach for a leg and get shrugged off, and his last 5 opponents (including Cain) have been known for having great grappling. I mean, Mir did nothing but try for a takedown and ate punches for it, and he fought Carwin before he fought Cain, and kept that fight standing as well.

JDS seems to know a secret technique of finger's move of wrestler's doom.
In both Carwin and Mir fights he escapes a takedown and sways his finger - and, surprisingly, both Shane and Frank stop trying to take him down and start boxing with dos Santos

He hasnt done much to show he`s proved more. Their last fight certainly doenst favor the arguement for Cain.

JDS claims to be great on the ground but he just hasn't had to use it yet. Same with Aldo. So as of now, he's the very definition of a one dimensional fighter.

That's retarded logic. So he's one-dimensional because he's so good that nobody has been able to take the fight anywhere else then where he wants it?

Think about that.

NOBODY has managed to make JDS fight outside of his comfort zone. That alone clearly makes him a complete fighter. He's able to keep the fight to where he's the strongest against all types of fighters.

He's not one-dimensional, he's just so far been so good that nobody has forced him to display his other dimensions.

This is the crux right here. People don't think his striking is elementary since he KO'd Nog with that combo. It is though, and JDS will win again.

Feel the same. Elite striking and elite striking for a wrestler are generally/usually 2 different things, and Cain isn't the exception. I think a big problem is that Joe forgets to mention that last bit, and the zombies swallow hard.

Better than JDS, not a chance. Deserving of a title shot, absolutely. JDS will win with ease again. Then, Cain should drop all his pudge and try to make 205.

Better than JDS, not a chance. Deserving of a title shot, absolutely. JDS will win with ease again. Then, Cain should drop all his pudge and try to make 205.

That's my big question for the fight. What happens to Cain if he loses? A move to LHW? Or destined to be the Fitch/Franklin of HW?

This is a great matchup, i'd like to see what Cain is capable of imposing. Junior came out for the kill last fight and Cain fell for his speed. I'd like to see at least two rounds out of this fight, but if one of them pulls out an early finish/stoppage it will certainly be a message.

Betting on Junior.

Cain the Anderson Silva of HW? Ha!

Hes not better. He just has a lot of fans for some reason and they swing from dem brown macademias like apes from a vine in the Cambodian jungle.

PS. Your "buddy" is tupid. Tell him to NEVER take the Piders name vain!

lolz

Just got into an argument with a buddy, he called Cain the Anderson Silva of the heavyweight division and said he would dominate the 2nd fight with JDS along with the division. That's what has brought me to this question. What exactly has Cain done to prove hes better than JDS.

Junior has for one, beaten cain. But on top of that i feel has fought much stiffer competition and looked much better in victory than Cain. You could even argue at the time of Lesner Velasquez that JDS was more deserving of the title shot. This is in no way a thread bashing Cain, hes an absoloute animal and a remarkable figher, its just I feel this idea that hes better than JDS and that JDS just got lucky is a bit far fetched.

well cain - bigfoot was enough for me to say that cain is getting his title back in 2 days

He beat Lesnar who "everyone" knew was the GOAT and unbeatable :icon_lol:

At this point, Dos Santos has proven he's the better fighter. But, I do believe Velasquesz has the skills/ability to win the rematch. Also, in regards to you thinking that Junior "has fought much stiffer competition" I totally disagree. I think the level of competition that both fighters have faced, are on par with one another.

Back