What exactly has Cain done to prove hes better than JDS

We have seen fighters like JDS in Chuck, CroCop, Arlovski, to some extent Machida, etc. They are physically gifted (quick, accurate, can take a punch) and are very good at striking and TDD.

Too bad all of those guys have horrible chins. Except for JDS.

he absolutely hasnt done anything that proves hes better then JDS...however, JDS knocked the Cain the fuck out and is the HW champ...so that about sums it up...

If Mir was able to get into a few positions to attempt some takedowns by simply going forward regardless of what damage he took, then it is almost inevitable that Velasquez will get at least an opportunity. This is all based on Santos not ending the fight first but guess what he did that in the 1st fight. Mir doesn't have the greatest of chins but was able to find a way to get his opportunity. That gives me enough to believe a fighter as detirmend as Velasquez can find that same opening.

From what we have seen of both fighters complete games is that Velasquez can strike when he needs to but also has that dominate ground game. Santos has shown equal dominance in the striking game & hasn't yet had to show any other trait.

You have to give the champ his due & he is clearly the better fighter until Velasquez or someone else proves different. Discussing matters of potential is the same as discussing what if scenarios & I've got better things to discuss.

Santos reminds me so much of Liddell right now. Led in both hands & this aqwardly successful way of keeping the fight upright. This funky stand straight up, break the grip, and/or turn away. We all knew Liddell had enough wrestling to defend against people trying to grapple him but it was never an offensive weapon. When his skills faded, he started having big problems. However, he had one hell of a run.

That's why I admire Hendo, Silva, & Fedor. Each fighter has gone outside of their greatest strength and found ways to win fights. I hope to see that out of either of these men. Hopefully both before their time comes...

well cain - bigfoot was enough for me to say that cain is getting his title back in 2 days

That fight, IMO , means absoloutly nothing. Do i think the outcome would be any different a 2nd time around, probably not, but it was unfortunate taht that cut robbed us of a good fight. It was clear as day how much that effected the fight.

bbbbutbutbbbutbut....he has better cardio! (based on no proof)

He looks more complete, kicking and going to the ground more often.

Yeah because looking more complete makes you a better fighter. If a guy does one thing to a guy who can do a million things and beats him, then that fighter who won is the better fighter.

Glass jaw, bad striking defense, clipped by Kongo

He definitely doesn't have a glass jaw. You point out his lack of striking defense in the same sentence. Look at how easily he gets hit in every fight and tell me how you could possibly come to the conclusion he has a glass jaw? If he had a glass jaw he would be getting rocked in every fight he is in. Stupid post.

How long have you volunteered your big brother time to the Retarded Dipshits of America?

Good for you, dude!

Someone has to wipe clean their buttholes, and do an "I stole your nose"(my thumb) joke

Cain is good. He got lit early but, he couldn't find his timing. JDS capitalized early and sparked Cain. It maybe a bad fight or styles make fights. I sort of prefer Reem vs JDS next with JDS on a streak. I would love Cain to win and make a trilogy. I think JDS wins though.

Parrying punches with an enormous head and getting smoked in 60 segs

Back