What exactly has Cain done to prove hes better than JDS

fedoriswar37

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just got into an argument with a buddy, he called Cain the Anderson Silva of the heavyweight division and said he would dominate the 2nd fight with JDS along with the division. That's what has brought me to this question. What exactly has Cain done to prove hes better than JDS.

Junior has for one, beaten cain. But on top of that i feel has fought much stiffer competition and looked much better in victory than Cain. You could even argue at the time of Lesner Velasquez that JDS was more deserving of the title shot. This is in no way a thread bashing Cain, hes an absoloute animal and a remarkable figher, its just I feel this idea that hes better than JDS and that JDS just got lucky is a bit far fetched.

Hes not better. He just has a lot of fans for some reason and they swing from dem brown macademias like apes from a vine in the Cambodian jungle.

PS. Your "buddy" is tupid. Tell him to NEVER take the Piders name vain!

He looks more complete, kicking and going to the ground more often.

The MMA HW division is paper thin. Calm down. Enjoy the KO.

both men dominate everybody they face, they are the 2 best HVW's in the world today bar none. All were going to see Saturday night is, who is #1 and who is #2 in the world

im thinking Cain wins this rematch. gunna put about $100 on it too

A wrestler with elementary striking is not more complete than a striker with TDD.

LOL never said my buddy was smart, just seems like the general consensus and something i see ALOT on sherdog as well .

people are just bitter he cant use his excellent wrestling to cigano, so when he gets KTFO again, people will claim he did not take JDS down and we haven't seen JDS ground game lol

Overall from what we've seen his skill set SEEMS better than JDS. Great ground control, GnP, great at passing guard, with great striking too. But we haven't really seen JDS do anything other than beat people up with boxing, so we can't say for sure if Cain is better on the ground, but from what we've seen it appears that way.

Also I wouldn't say Cain has a glass chin, probably just poor striking defense. He got hit by bombs from Kongo many times and still was able to beat him, if it were Arlovski taking those shots he would have been out.

Cain's strongest point is JDS's biggest question mark. JDS has not faced a wrestler with takesdowns like Cain, yet.

First fight he didn't get a chance to employ his wrestling. You can guarantee, he's going to be going for the take down right at the bell.

He might be better
But he hasn't proven anything.

Cain was only 9-0 when he fought Junior. I thought people were overhyping a guy with so few fights and they are doing the same thing with Cormier. These guys are still green.

Still, Cain has shown he is more well rounded while Junior has been a one trick pony. It's a hell of a trick though.

I'm hoping Cain gets him down at least one for an extended period of time just so we can see how Junior does fro his back. It's still a question mark.

why are you and your buddy in a sherdog like argument?

he's excited about Cain's upside and has plenty of evidence to suggest he's one of the best fighters in the world. but fact is, he did lose in a minute to JDS last time

you saw him get KTFO'd once and therefore thinks he'll always be a tier 2 fighter (as if that's an insult, to be almost but not quite as good as JDS.) regardless of his utter destruction of everyone else in his path.

rest assured one of you claim you're Albert fucking Einstein this weekend.

both of you need to find a happy middle ground instead of being such cliche keyboard warrior types.

Back