What does Stipe's early finish of Maldonado say about Glover's punching power?

Glover's power is never something I even thought to call into question. Stipe didn't even hit him that hard for a HW, it was just a damn good shot. Well placed and Maldonado didn't really see it.

Glover is overrated in so many ways. He has good power, but limited speed and precision. If you're asking if Stipe beats Glover than absolutely.

:icon_excl

Last edited:
anyone can go down when hit on the botton..Plus Glover might have worn out Fabio chin for Stipe..Kinda like Rampage wearing away Chuck's chin for Rashad

Are you implying that Chuck would have walked through that Rashad punch if Rampage hadn't already KO'd him? Fucking lol!

It says that heavyweights have more punching power than light heavyweights? How did so many people not see that ko coming?

I'm just gonna go out on a limb & guess that Glover weighing in 40 pounds less than Stipe has a tad bit to do with it. That, & the fact that Stipe has better technique.

Chuck got KOed by a one-armed Franklin, but beat Reem earlier in his career. Obviously Reem doesn't hit as hard as Rich.

Maldonado takes a brutal beating in nearly every fight. His chin will not last forever. He was also up against a HW, none of whom are pillow-fisted. Losing to Miocic by 1st round KO after getting beaten on by a ton of other fighters doesn't say anything about their punching power. It says Maldonado shouldn't try to win by tiring out his opponent with his face, which is essentially what he said his gameplan was. He's the patron saint of the JBG, but his career won't last long after fights like this and Glover, among others.

Nothing, really.

I know this is an attempt at Glover bashing but TS just exposed himself as a fool.

It means stipe caught him with a nice shot...

Yep, let me have it. I was thinking of old man foreman that won the title again. I am the retarded one here. Move along

How come Stipe (who was coming off 2 UD wins) was able to drop then put away Maldonado early in the 1st rnd, yet Glover (known for his supposed big punching power) tried so hard across 15 mins yet was unable to do the same thing when he fought Maldonado?

Remember when John Hackleman said Glover 'is' the hardest puncher he's ever trained with? (suggesting he hits even harder than Chuck Liddell???)
What does this say about the comparison of punching power between a #5 ranked LHW & a #8 ranked HW, or more specifically just LHW vs HW in general?

Does this prove that a HW (not known for their big punching power) is naturally more powerful than a LHW? (known for their big punching power) & therefore any future LHW fighters (maybe even dominant champs?) should take this as a warning & back dafuq off from even considering moving up & taking on anyone (even low tier competition) @ HW?

Or maybe/what if the outcome of the fight is what it is, it's just a fight so anything could have happened?
Or maybe/what if we have been overlooking just how underrated Stipe's striking really is & should consider his striking as being on par with the best of the HW div?

With so many maybe/what if possible outcomes, can anyone help me to reach a legit conclusion here?

Did you ever even bother to think that glover beat the soul out of that mans chest on that night? That maybe glovers beating was the last straw for an aged fighter like maldo? Glovers punching power rofl rofl you people crack me up sometimes, glover would hit you so hard that all of sherdog would have black eyes.

Glover pretty much handed Maldonado to Stipe with a ribbon stamped on top, Maldonado was KO'd long before he ever stepped in there with stipe

Remember when John Hackleman said Glover 'is' the hardest puncher he's ever trained with? (suggesting he hits even harder than Chuck Liddell???)

Hackleman coaches Glover. He was hyping a fight.

It goes along with:
"He's in the best shape of his life."
"I've never seen him this focused."
"He's training harder than he ever has."

HW > LHW

Maldonado's chin got soften up by Teixeira.

It shows Miococ has great power. I never knew that was in question, after he severely rocked the best chin in the UFC in Roy Nelson.

Back