What does Stipe's early finish of Maldonado say about Glover's punching power?

It proves Glover's punches have take their toll on Maldonado.

Plus Glover did finished him and took ten years of his life.

anyone can go down when hit on the botton..Plus Glover might have worn out Fabio chin for Stipe..Kinda like Rampage wearing away Chuck's chin for Rashad

I doubt Chuck at any point in his career would've survived the bomb Rashad hit him with. That punch would've put out a rhino.

I doubt Chuck at any point in his career would've survived the bomb Rashad hit him with. That punch would've put out a rhino.

That shot would have finished anyone, no matter what weight.

anyone can go down when hit on the botton..Plus Glover might have worn out Fabio chin for Stipe..Kinda like Rampage wearing away Chuck's chin for Rashad

The overhand Rashad landed on Chuck whilst Chuck was moving towards him could put anybody anyway.

Because every fight is different. Seriously, MMA math does not work. How do people not get this by now?

What does Nick Diaz's finish of Robbie Lawler say about the punching power of Johny Hendricks? Also Stipe is a HW lol

Cause clearly Glover's beating took zero away from Fabio's life.

What does this say about the comparison of punching power between a #5 ranked LHW & a #8 ranked HW, or more specifically just LHW vs HW in general?

With so many maybe/what if possible outcomes, can anyone help me to reach a legit conclusion here?

You can conclude that talented HEAVYWEIGHTS generally hit harder than talented LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHTS.............

Oh and also if a TALENTED HEAVYWEIGHT lands a CLEAN right straight on a LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT....its gonna have more of an affect than a LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT hitting a LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT

Oh and you can conclude that an UNRANKED LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT probably won't fair well against a top10 HEAVYWEIGHT

miocic looked much faster than glover to me too, maybe that has something to do with it

does ANYONE have a gif of the finish from last night, i fell asleep.

Yeah, like when BJ moved up & finished Hughes

your attempt to be crass and a smart ass has failed there kid.

we're comparing glover and miocic's punching power here. not proving whether or not a smaller guy can KO a bigger guy. we all know they can. :icon_conf

How come Stipe (who was coming off 2 UD wins) was able to drop then put away Maldonado early in the 1st rnd, yet Glover (known for his supposed big punching power) tried so hard across 15 mins yet was unable to do the same thing when he fought Maldonado?

Remember when John Hackleman said Glover 'is' the hardest puncher he's ever trained with? (suggesting he hits even harder than Chuck Liddell???)
What does this say about the comparison of punching power between a #5 ranked LHW & a #8 ranked HW, or more specifically just LHW vs HW in general?

Does this prove that a HW (not known for their big punching power) is naturally more powerful than a LHW? (known for their big punching power) & therefore any future LHW fighters (maybe even dominant champs?) should take this as a warning & back dafuq off from even considering moving up & taking on anyone (even low tier competition) @ HW?

Or maybe/what if the outcome of the fight is what it is, it's just a fight so anything could have happened?
Or maybe/what if we have been overlooking just how underrated Stipe's striking really is & should consider his striking as being on par with the best of the HW div?

With so many maybe/what if possible outcomes, can anyone help me to reach a legit conclusion here?

I said this in another thread but I will say it here as well. Maldonado's chin is gone. He has had a long career in combat sports, lots of gym wars, and a lot of fights. If he has a few more fights he will show his chin is waning, mark my words. A heavy Miocic being able to hurt him doesn't say anything about Glover's power. I think that Maldonado's chin has been steadily going, and nobody knows what kind of sparring sessions he had leading up to the Miocic fight. He was undersized, when you are a small guy absorbing a lot of force, it takes a lot out of you. I guarantee that if Maldonado had some real strength and conditioning and wasn't on short notice, he would of taken a much better shot. However, his chin is still going, and it will only be more difficult for him in the future.

It surely means Glover has absolutely no power right? This thread sucks. You suck TS. Just shutup about everything you want to talk about ever

Are u a fan of Chris Isaak? Because I heard Somebody's Crying :icon_lol:

It basically says that more weight=power, and if you know how to use that weight, your punches will have more power!

Are u a fan of Chris Isaak? Because I heard Somebody's Crying :icon_lol:

Wtf are you even talking about, I don't give a shit about any fighter named in this thread, its just a waste of space and a dumb thread

Wtf are you even talking about, I don't give a shit about any fighter named in this thread, its just a waste of space and a dumb thread

So dumb that it has already reached 10 pages of discussion, lol!
I merely wanted to lay out some conclusions on the table for ppl to contemplate, without agreeing with any of them for that matter, however your failure to make a mature contribution & prepubescent tantrum have made it clear that you're not capable enough to suggest anything of even remote intelligence.

That brawlers don't knock out people as efficiently as boxers do at high levels.

Back