What do you think people do before they commit suicide?

HAhaha.

I was deciding on whether I could OD on my medication lying around.

Nope.

So, I thought I should use my scalpels.

Welp, I have a large scarification piece across my body... I thought, welp. Thats a bit painful, and its rather difficult to cut yourself to pieces really, past a few MM that is, unless your on alcohol and klonopin (kloni's great for that sort of thing).

Then I mellowed out.

But, the previous three years I phased out my family and friends slowly so they wouldn't miss me.

Kind of worked, now I'm rebuilding past uber depression, and drinking every night, etc.

I don't think thinking/thoughts come into mind honestly. Its more just raw emotion, or the sometimes more dangerous (clinical study on veterans), is utter and absolute /null.

Empty feeling.

Etc.

Dont do it brah

HAhaha.

I was deciding on whether I could OD on my medication lying around.

Nope.

So, I thought I should use my scalpels.

Welp, I have a large scarification piece across my body... I thought, welp. Thats a bit painful, and its rather difficult to cut yourself to pieces really, past a few MM that is, unless your on alcohol and klonopin (kloni's great for that sort of thing).

Then I mellowed out.

But, the previous three years I phased out my family and friends slowly so they wouldn't miss me.

Kind of worked, now I'm rebuilding past uber depression, and drinking every night, etc.

I don't think thinking/thoughts come into mind honestly. Its more just raw emotion, or the sometimes more dangerous (clinical study on veterans), is utter and absolute /null.

Empty feeling.

Etc.

you got your whole posting history to live for brah

"i guess i'm going to find out what happens to people after they die. hopefully they have better food."

All the stuff I have been curious about, but would never do to fuck up my life, I would do. Smoke some crack, nail some prostitutes, rob a pharmacy and take 3 dozen oxys-only to realize that crazy shit may be more fun and you call 911 to get your stomach pumped.

I will say this, as someone who has talked quite a few people down from the suicide cliff, I have always promised them that if they dont do it now, they will have another chance. Hell, plenty of chances. I have even gone into a deep discussion with a guy on how he could plan to do it so his family would not know, then I committed him to a hospital after he put down the knife.

As someone who has suffered from depression, sexual abuse and drug addiction and has tried committing suicide before (Hanging if anyone cares). I can say it wasn't this well thought out plan like some others have done before. It just was a slow build up of depression leading up to one day when I was home alone and finally hit rock bottom.

I thought about it for awhile. I always told myself if ever shit hit the fan or I got to the point where I couldn't bare to go on anymore I'd hang myself in the basement. I poured myself a glass of jack and coke (My favorite alcoholic drink). The weirdest thing happened as I finally made my mind up to end my life, my depression lifted and I felt this happiness overcome me, probably realizing I would be gone from this earth and all my pain would be null and void. I went downstairs with the drink. Got the rope from the work room and set up the rope over a pipe.

Put that song on repeat and just sat down at the table and sipped my drink for awhile and then finally took a deep breath. Got up, took the chair with me and put it underneath the pipe, Got on top of the chair, put the rope around my neck, closed my eyes, said arrivederci and kicked out the chair. The one thing that saved me was the weight of my body ended up causing the pipe above me to break as I was beginning to lose consciousness which forced me to end up falling to the floor.

In the end I realized how foolish it was of me, took the personal steps to help overcome my depression and addiction to opiates and now am a happy, healthy 28 year old adult who loves every minute of his life and cherish what he has

it must be sobering to think about what would have happened if the pipe didn't break.

i remember watching a video at work about suicide prevention. some dude was at the golden gate bridge thinking about jumping. he couldn't bring himself to do it so he started to cry. he kept telling himself that if someone asked him why he was crying, he would tell them everything and then go home. people kept passing, but no one seemed to bother or care. finally a couple asked him to take their picture. he did, and shortly after he jumped. he ended up being rescued, and since then he's worked to try to prevent people from committing suicide.

My cousin just killed himself. Successful, 2 kids, a big deal vintner... I've been speculating what goes through someones mind just before it happens.

They probably think a lot about how stupid they would look if they effed up and didn't do it right the 1st time. So they fidget with the gun for about 10 minutes deciding whether to put the barrel in the mouth, against their temple or against the bottom of their chin.

That is of course if they are using a handgun.

Most probably just drink and bawl. Thinking about past mistakes and their minds going a million miles an hour thinking 'bout how they could fix their problems and realizing the ugly truth that they can't.

Some demon voice saying, "this is a good idea, trust me. You'll see."

As someone who has suffered from depression, sexual abuse and drug addiction and has tried committing suicide before (Hanging if anyone cares). I can say it wasn't this well thought out plan like some others have done before. It just was a slow build up of depression leading up to one day when I was home alone and finally hit rock bottom.

I thought about it for awhile. I always told myself if ever shit hit the fan or I got to the point where I couldn't bare to go on anymore I'd hang myself in the basement. I poured myself a glass of jack and coke (My favorite alcoholic drink). The weirdest thing happened as I finally made my mind up to end my life, my depression lifted and I felt this happiness overcome me, probably realizing I would be gone from this earth and all my pain would be null and void. I went downstairs with the drink. Got the rope from the work room and set up the rope over a pipe.

Put that song on repeat and just sat down at the table and sipped my drink for awhile and then finally took a deep breath. Got up, took the chair with me and put it underneath the pipe, Got on top of the chair, put the rope around my neck, closed my eyes, said arrivederci and kicked out the chair. The one thing that saved me was the weight of my body ended up causing the pipe above me to break as I was beginning to lose consciousness which forced me to end up falling to the floor.

In the end I realized how foolish it was of me, took the personal steps to help overcome my depression and addiction to opiates and now am a happy, healthy 28 year old adult who loves every minute of his life and cherish what he has

Wow, epic story. Glad you survived and got help. There's a YouTube clip out there of a guy who pulled the trigger twice in his mouth and the gun didnt fire. He threw the gun down in disgust and two billets went off. The guy became a Christian - the guy has a crazy story (the failed suicide is only half of it). Sorry, don't know the guy's name.

Btw, that Metallica album is maybe my favorite of theirs. The last songs on both sides are such slow-building, driving ballads (or something lol).

it must be sobering to think about what would have happened if the pipe didn't break.

i remember watching a video at work about suicide prevention. some dude was at the golden gate bridge thinking about jumping. he couldn't bring himself to do it so he started to cry. he kept telling himself that if someone asked him why he was crying, he would tell them everything and then go home. people kept passing, but no one seemed to bother or care. finally a couple asked him to take their picture. he did, and shortly after he jumped. he ended up being rescued, and since then he's worked to try to prevent people from committing suicide.
Oh yes yes I read all about that guy and its pretty uplifting and a little bit depressing. The worst part is when in some form you are crying out for help and nobody notices so you just say to hell with it, nobody cares that I am in such pain than I'll just end this pain and see how they like it.

Yeah it is sobering now to know what would have happened and I probably know. Someone would have came home, heard the loud music, came down most likely to tell me to lower it and find me hanging there. I look back and realize what me being dead would have done to my family and friends. For the remainder of their lives they would keep thinking every now and then if they missed any warning signs and if they did what could they have done to help me. That always sticks with me

Wow, epic story. Glad you survived and got help. There's a YouTube clip out there of a guy who pulled the trigger twice in his mouth and the gun didnt fire. He threw the gun down in disgust and two billets went off. The guy became a Christian - the guy has a crazy story (the failed suicide is only half of it). Sorry, don't know the guy's name.

Btw, that Metallica album is maybe my favorite of theirs. The last songs on both sides are such slow-building, driving ballads (or something lol).
People slag on Load and especially Reload but they have some real gems. In fact Bleeding Me and The Outlaw Torn are some of the best songs James and company has written. Both songs are haunting and depressing. Metallica is my all time favorite band and I've listened to them countless times while heavily depressed and the music managed to lift my spirits. So its a bit ironic I put Bleeding Me on when I decide to say goodbye to the world lol

In Aokigahara im guessing. I watched a documentary about that forest. Very interesting.

That's a scary place.

aokigahara-sign.jpg

Thinking that these signs say: Don't do it, you can go back & think about your family and all that stuff.

Oh yes yes I read all about that guy and its pretty uplifting and a little bit depressing. The worst part is when in some form you are crying out for help and nobody notices so you just say to hell with it, nobody cares that I am in such pain than I'll just end this pain and see how they like it.

Yeah it is sobering now to know what would have happened and I probably know. Someone would have came home, heard the loud music, came down most likely to tell me to lower it and find me hanging there. I look back and realize what me being dead would have done to my family and friends. For the remainder of their lives they would keep thinking every now and then if they missed any warning signs and if they did what could they have done to help me. That always sticks with me

People slag on Load and especially Reload but they have some real gems. In fact Bleeding Me and The Outlaw Torn are some of the best songs James and company has written. Both songs are haunting and depressing. Metallica is my all time favorite band and I've listened to them countless times while heavily depressed and the music managed to lift my spirits. So its a bit ironic I put Bleeding Me on when I decide to say goodbye to the world lol

I'm not as big a fan of Reload . . . That's the only album I don't care that much for. But Outlaw Torn and Bleeding Me are two of the greatest songs of all time. Most wouldn't give them the proper listen if they weren't a huge Metallica fan because they take awhile to get going and are long songs. And Metallica is my all-time favourite band as well. Just an amazing, amazing band - best ever IMO.

Last edited:
I'm not as big a fan of Reload . . . That's the only album I don't care that much for. But Outlaw Torn and Bleeding Me are two of the greatest songs of all time. Most wouldn't give them the proper listen if they weren't a huge Metallica fan because they take awhile to get going and are long songs. And Metallica is my all-time favourite band as well. Just and amazing, amazing band - beat ever IMO.
Finally someone else from here who loves the band. I wish they made one album instead of two with Load/Reload. Picked the best songs and recorded them because damn is some of the shit on those filler. I blame Lars and his coke fueled days of thinking every song is gold.

I can see people doing this. So the place isn't a mess when they find you.

True. Also, if they own any dirty dvd's they might wanna get rid of those before they die as well. Wouldn't want people to think you're a perv dead or not lol.

Glad you made it Satanical Eve.

I've only been suicidal once. Happened last year. It was during an anxiety/panic attack. Wasn't thinking sad thoughts, in fact, death seemed welcoming and I had a strange curiousity (I had a bad motorcycle accident 10 years ago, where similar feels occurred)

Long story short, obviously nothing happen cause I realized I'll die sooner or later so I might as well keep seeing what life is all about and though I don't know what happens when we die, life is far too interesting to give up for now.

Glad you made it Satanical Eve.

I've only been suicidal once. Happened last year. It was during an anxiety/panic attack. Wasn't thinking sad thoughts, in fact, death seemed welcoming and I had a strange curiousity (I had a bad motorcycle accident 10 years ago, where similar feels occurred)

Long story short, obviously nothing happen cause I realized I'll die sooner or later so I might as well keep seeing what life is all about and though I don't know what happens when we die, life is far too interesting to give up for now.
I'm glad man, I'd hate to see a fellow Misfits fan die as long as you only like Danzig Era 77-83 Misfits and not the Jerry Only shit fest.

Back