What do you think of Weidman? (Revised Poll Options)

Lol... you give me too much credit. I clearly expanded the choices from the last poll, and you didn't object using the term 'GOAT' in that thread.

By all means PM a plat account into making a poll with your choices. Because I'm not making another

Oh, so it's either I'm anti or pro Weidman? I'm somewhere inbetween. For me, the jury is still out, but if. he beats Machida, I'd say he's the best in the MW division. If he then beats Belfort, I'd consider him the MW GOAT.

So for beating Maia, Munoz, Anderson, Machida, and Belfort, you'd put him over Anderson. Anderson has beaten Belfort and Maia, so really you're putting Weidman over Anderson for beating Munoz, Anderson himself twice, and Machida. It's not enough.

cant stand him, but maybe he'll grow on me,
as JJ and Silva and gsp all did

Need better options. He is a great fighter but isn't the GOAT MW yet.

He is clearly legit but best of all time at MW? He has a ways to go. It is early in his career.

Weidman is simply a great young talent with confidence, exceptional wrestling/ grapling ability, and ever-improving striking.

Nothing more at this point, nothing less at this point

Other GOAT finalists reigned for years and years

These are still bad options, try revising again and drop all the GOAT stuff, he's not close yet to being the best MW ever legacy wise. What's with these options having to be extreme?

TS is not pro-Weidman. He littered this poll with the word "GOAT" to irritate people into choosing his option.

This, there is no other explanation for this idiocy, besides he was discrediting Weidman in the other thread where he linked to the original poll, he doesn't like Weidman and is putting up stupid options so that more people pick the option he wants.

I think he's a really good. I voted this. Jury is still out - If he beats Machida and Belfort, he'll be the best MW in the division.

Lol... you give me too much credit. I clearly expanded the choices from the last poll, and you didn't object using the term 'GOAT' in that thread.

By all means PM a plat account into making a poll with your choices. Because I'm not making another

Oh, so it's either I'm anti or pro Weidman? I'm somewhere inbetween. For me, the jury is still out, but if. he beats Machida, I'd say he's the best in the MW division. If he then beats Belfort, I'd consider him the MW GOAT.

Then how come none of your options in this poll are?

CW is a great ambassador for the belt and for the sport, but Machida will regain gold on July 5, 2014.

I think if Weidman is able to defend the title for numerous years and look good while doing so he will definitely be up there.

What's wrong with:

He's the best MW but way too early to call him GOAT?

Guarantee you that answer would sweep the poll

These poll options blow massive dong.

Weidman is legit, massively talented and seemingly injury prone. He's the best middleweight hands down. That said, he isn't even close to the middleweight GOAT discussion. Even putting him somewhere near that is fucking hilarious.

What's wrong with:

He's the best MW but way too early to call him GOAT?

Guarantee you that answer would sweep the poll

Exactly. It's almost impossible to even put him the MW GOAT discussion. He'd need at least five or six more defenses to be in the discussion.

He's a great fighter. He could possibly reel off a huge number of consecutive title defenses, but the people who are going to start saying he's the MW GOAT if beats Machida, Vitor, Jacare and Rockhold would even be wrong. Outside of Machida, none of those guys have accomplished much in this sport and they're being touted a top, elite level wins. Only Machida and Vitor would qualify. What if he doesn't finish them like Silva was finishing guys? There is far too much that goes into this in my opinion.

I agree with missing option. Current champ no need to speak of any type of goat.

Picked indefferent simply because of the "he's 1 to 2 wins away from being mw GOAT"........I don't think 1,or 2, or 3 title defenses ERASE what anderson silva accomplished.....may seem trival.

RIGHT OPTION- he is the best mw in the WORLD right NOW, and with a min. 5 title defenses he's inarguably the mw GOAT

Pretty much. People are so quick to throw the "GOAT" label around.

People around here don't understand context and can't apply it to the sport or what happens in it. It's a fucking shame.

The chris is 9 title defenses away from being the goat. If he gets there, good for him.

If he beats machida, then belfort, then Jacare, then Rockhold, then maybe he'll be goat.

Why? That'll be five title defenses. Silva had double that. Silva was past his prime, nearly forty when he lost (both legit, fuck the haters). Jacare hasn't really beaten anyone outside of Okami. Rockhold's best win is Jacare. Machida was the LHW champ, but his best win is probably Evans (who's really good). Belfort beat Rockhold, Bisping, an aging Henderson. Two of these guys aren't top notch wins as of right now, with the other two being close. They may have elite level talent, but their resumes aren't there outside of Machida and Vitor (to an extent). So that enough doesn't even begin to interject Weidman into the GOAT discussion with five defenses.

Shit, Cote had five straight wins with three KO's when he got his title shot against Silva as an injury replacement. Rockhold, Vitor and Machida don't have that. Jacare does (without the KO's), though, they aren't elite wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back