What do you think of Weidman? (Revised Poll Options)

BUT... he has to beat Machida by kicking ass, not by Machida slipping on Weidman's blood and like popping his shoulder out for a Weidman victory.

BUT... he has to beat Machida by kicking ass, not by Machida slipping on Weidman's blood and like popping his shoulder out for a Weidman victory.

this wouldn't surprise me. that horseshoe...

He has a lot left to prove. His wins over the spider were both odd. I want to see him against another top fighter. If he beats Machida, then we will know. Holding my breath for the beatdown Lyoto is going to unleash.

*sigh*

He's beaten the former MW GOAT, not once, but twice. And if he defeats Machida and Belfort, literally no one in the history of the division, UFC or otherwise, would not have that resume like that, no one he's not already beat.

What is your opinion on frankie edgar?

There is no option for me. I think he is skillwise the best fighter ever but thats different than being the GOAT.

still terrible choices. still doesn't have the one that matters... "Chris Weidman is an awesome fighter who beat the goat to become the undisputed middleweight champion, but with only 1 title defense, goat discussion is unnecessary."

What a worthless poll, bad options. IMO, he needs to fight more. Beating a 37 year old in the way the fights went don't state that much when mentioning GOAT status. That and lack of fights, really get your head straight. Watch MMA for a while and you'll know that people rise and fall, especially with age. GOAT meaning you dominate a whole division, taking names and last for a while, not only beating big names in the end of their careers. It's all too early to say, you fell into the UFC and Dana hype of Silva and think that if someone beat the invincible he would become invincible too. That's not the case, try looking at it more objectively.

Your view of Weidman largely depends on your view of Anderson.....

I think Anderson was in a hollow division....

Jones, gustafson, Davis and Johnson are the future prototypes of lhw.....

All the small guys are going to have to start dieting and cutting....

Jones saved the MW division....

I believe rashad and machida would have beaten Silva...but we'll never know....

The jury is out on Weidman until MW fills up with WELL ROUNDED talent.....

His reign will resemble gsps if he makes it past machida....

He will only get beat by a well rounded fighter.....or rashad....but that's gonna take a while.....

Way too soon for MW GOAT consideration. He has one title defense and its against the guy he took the belt from.

Excellent fighter though.

He's had so few fights realistically. However, he did beat Maia on really short notice, demolished Munoz and then smashed Anderson twice. If he beats some more guys like Machida, Belfort, and Jacare, he could be MW GOAT and one of the top P4P.

Saying Weidman is the greatest of all time is just dumb. I am putting emphasis on "of ALL TIME." Greatest? Yeah, I can see that for MW. But he just got the belt and only defended it once so far. To say "of all time" is just naive especially when Anderson just got done with the longest win streak and most title victories in UFC history.

Back