What do you think of Weidman? (Revised Poll Options)

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last thread and poll were fun, but I rushed the poll options and they weren't enough and weren't clear. So, here's the revised poll.

Which of the 7 options best describe your opinion of Chris Weidman?

None of these represent my opinion on Weidman, the options are too extreme.

If he beats Belfort and Machida, I will be officially sold. So far I am impressed.

you still don't leave an option for "time will tell".
he is not 1-2 fights from being GOAT. You don't get there by beating 3 top guys.

You get there for dominating your class throughout (most of) your career.

Weidman is just starting his career!
If his operation were to go wrong now, would you consider him GOAT?
NO! Only a prospect that "could have been".

SMH, TS!

Weidman still needs to beat Machida, Belfort, Moose, Luke, Jacare & maybe Yoel BEFORE he can be considered MW GOAT.

Deal with it Silva haters.

I was torn between "legit undefeated champ" and "jury is still out, beat machida." I voted for legit champ because i think he has 100% earned what he has, but I don't think he is only two fights away from being mw goat. I do think that he needs to beat machida to be the undisputed #1 mw. If he beats machida I think that will be more impressive than any of anderson's victories but two defenses is hardly comparable to what Anderson did. If he cleans out Machida, Belfort, Rockhold, Jacare, and mousasi (whichever of them manage to earn title fights) then there will definitely be a strong argument to be made for him being the mw goat. If he is still champ after 4 more defenses with how much stronger mw is now, I will most likely consider him to have surpassed Anderson. Whether or not I put him ahead of gsp and fedor remains to be seen.

Weidman is several wins away from MW GOAT. Legit champ, though. Anybody with the belt is.

He's the legit undefeated MW champ, but still not even close to being MW GOAT.

None of these represent my opinion on Weidman, the options are too extreme.

Oh please. One of these options, of 7, have to come close to anyone's opinion of Weidman.

Stop being sensitive and pick one, or don't.

The last thread and poll were fun, but I rushed the poll options and they weren't enough and weren't clear. So, here's the revised poll.

Which of the 7 options best describe your opinion of Chris Weidman?

Where's no gas past 1st round option?

Jury is still out - If he beats Machida and Belfort, he'll be the best MW in the division.

He's the legit undefeated MW champ, but still not even close to being MW GOAT.

*sigh*

He's beaten the former MW GOAT, not once, but twice. And if he defeats Machida and Belfort, literally no one in the history of the division, UFC or otherwise, would not have that resume like that, no one he's not already beat.

These choices seem skewed.

He's the best in the division but there's no way he's "a fight or two away from being MW GOAT"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back