What do you consider the greatest action film ever?

commando_caratula.jpg

Nice I was going to post this or the killer both are the perfect action film.
The part where tequila breaks up marks takeover in the warehouse is one of the best shootouts ever filmed.

People who don’t appreciate hard boiled are equivalent to people who dislike citizen Kane because it is black and white.

Predator
The Matrix

Point Break because of the gratuitous nudity. Actually, it's Road House.

Predator is up there as is Commando. Point Break is a guilty pleasure. And Road Warrior. Definitely Road Warrior.

Probably Groundhog Day. Or maybe I’m just into things that repeat themselves over and over...

Edge of Tomorrow is groundhog day of the action genre and severely underrated.

in your opinion?

Easily Die Hard
giphy.gif

This movie has only gotten better with age since nothing that has followed it has been better. It's big appeal was that John MacClane was just a regular street cop and not portrayed as nearly "superhuman" like other action film heroes, which has kind of also been a theme of action films since.

Whatever it is, it's just keeping the seat warm until the Road House remake with Ronda is released.
Every single remake of Patrick Swayze films have been shit. None of his films were really masterpieces to begin with, but he made the characters he played in such a way that they can't be duplicated.

Every single remake of Patrick Swayze films have been shit. None of his films were really masterpieces to begin with, but he made the characters he played in such a way that they can't be duplicated.

I'll stand by Ghost, Red Dawn, Dirty Dancing, The Outsiders, Youngblood and Point Break any time.

Predator and T2 are sci-fi movies

Predator and T2 are sci-fi movies

Sci Fi action though. They're not sitting around talking about black holes and quantum mechanics in those movies. They definitely count.

Anyway the action genre is too good, particularly the 80s through early 90s, to pick just one. Gun to my head, I guess id have to say T2. I wouldn't blame anyone for saying predator, aliens, or die hard though. Realistically you could probably list 50 great action films just from the 80s and still miss some

Back