What do you consider the greatest action film ever?

There are only three correct answers:

Predator
Aliens
Rambo

giphy.gif

latest

giphy.gif

You make a good argument here, but Predator also spills into the Sci-Fi realm, so it's a bit muddled.

Die Hard is the GOAT pure action movie.
die hard is the ultimate Christmas movie, that can't be denied.

Imagine you are presidents secretary of state. You doing blow and taking large blast of dat rock on the Air Force 1. You notice that something is strange and I ain't talkin about how hard the rock hittin strange. The guards grab yo wife's rear end and pull out a uzi,tec-9 and a mac-11 this is a terror attack lil bih. You panic because you thought it was yo man bout to cuck yo wife but its does duvall boyz the most feared of them all because they ball of moments like this. Look at Vice Presi Francois Lunar-Piez played by (Morgan"Space timez"Freeman").He says you broski slap dat like button doh and you then slapp the air bud button. I don't want to ruin the whole plot but this is the best action movie of all time.
giphy.gif

I love almost every movie listed in this thread but for me it's 48 Hours.

Aliens is my #1 Favorite Movie of All Time.

But, its more of a SciFi/Horror/Suspense film than action. The action scenes have alot of gunfire, character deaths, and are high tension - but those scenes are constant quickcuts and they're purposely hard to tell what's going on in them.

And the action scenes take up less than 15 minutes of the total 143 minute runtime of the extended version.

I've watched Aliens over 20 times, more than any movie, so I know what I'm talking about.

die hard is the ultimate Christmas movie, that can't be denied.

It's not a christmas movie. It takes place around christmas, sure - but that's simply not enough. I know this is a century old discussion, so I'm just sayin' ...

Aliens is my #1 Favorite Movie of All Time.

But, its more of a SciFi/Horror/Suspense film than action. The action scenes have alot of gunfire, character deaths, and are high tension - but those scenes are constant quickcuts and they're purposely hard to tell what's going on in them.

And the action scenes take up less than 15 minutes of the total 143 minute runtime of the extended version.

I've watched Aliens over 20 times, more than any movie, so I know what I'm talking about.
Alien is a horror movie in space. Aliens is an action movie in space.

Commando or Predator. Die hard 3 a close second then Expendables then Rambo 2 through 4.

Alien is a horror movie in space. Aliens is an action movie in space.

*Sigh*

Did you read my post?

I know those 12 minutes of action scenes stand out among the 2+ hours of the runtime (depending which version you're watching), but just because there's action scenes in a movie doesn't make it an action movie.

The final battle of Saving Private Ryan alone is longer than 12 minutes, but its not an action movie. Its a drama, with action scenes.

Back