What do you consider the greatest action film ever?

MV5BNzQzOTk3OTAtNDQ0Zi00ZTVkLWI0MTEtMDllZjNkYzNjNTc4L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

Almost 20 years have passed and still there is no action movie better than this.

T2 >= Die Hard > Predator >= Aliens >>>> Commando > True Lies

There are a few top tier Asian movies somewhere in there but its a little harder to rate them fairly due to the nostalgia of above

if we're talking straight up action, it's likely Rambo IV or Die Hard. If we're talking specifically fighting, it's Raid: Redemption or Undisputed III.

Predator is also up there, although some count it as Sci Fi as well

There's a lot of legit, really over the top Action movies though, just depends on how you deem 'greatest'. Like the Clive Owen movie Shoot Em Up is just awesome, I dgaf

The Rock also deserves some mentioning (a Michael Bay action movie w/ a 7.4 IMDB score, what the f)

i think a lot of people missed Rambo IV

it's easily the most savage and brutally violent action movie like ever. It makes Punisher War Zone look soft as hell by comparison

i think a lot of people missed Rambo IV

it's easily the most savage and brutally violent action movie like ever. It makes Punisher War Zone look soft as hell by comparison

It's an oft-overlooked gem. Rambo 4 is an absolute boss of an action movie. I love it when he rips this rapist's throat out. Nevermind the .50 cal scene. And when the pacifist missionary learns the necessity of violence? It's just beautiful.

maxresdefault.jpg

*Sigh*

Did you read my post?

I know those 12 minutes of action scenes stand out among the 2+ hours of the runtime (depending which version you're watching), but just because there's action scenes in a movie doesn't make it an action movie.

The final battle of Saving Private Ryan alone is longer than 12 minutes, but its not an action movie. Its a drama, with action scenes.
What's the runtime of action scenes for movies like Die Hard and Predator? I'm not sure you really understand what an action movie is.

The original Robocop should get a mention, but I'll go with The Matrix.

What's the runtime of action scenes for movies like Die Hard and Predator? I'm not sure you really understand what an action movie is.

"A motion picture whose storyline involves fast-paced activity and conflict, usually including such elements as a heroic protagonist, violent fights, acrobatic stunts, chase scenes, and gunplay."

So, why does no one consider Saving Private Ryan an action movie?

Anyone who came in here and didn't list an Arnold movie just outed themselves. Bruce Willis is not a correct answer but a respectable one. Stallone..GTFO.

Leon The Professional is another great action film I don't think has been mentioned.

Back