What do American's truly think about Canadians?

For some reason I have a fairly thick Nova Scotian accent. Probably because my mom has it and we heard it a lot growing up.

So for me:

Bar = bare

I have also never heard anyone said 'aboot' and I have never seen milk in bags.

It's a-bout - like a boxing bout.

For some reason I have a fairly thick Nova Scotian accent. Probably because my mom has it and we heard it a lot growing up.

So for me:

Bar = bare
"Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you".

It's a-bout - like a boxing bout.

1785532-maximum_brofist_by_defiant_ant_super.png

It's definitely noticeable in rural Canada.

Especially in the rural areas of the east coast.

I've got a hard time understanding some of my relatives from Newfoundland when they get going lol.

Newfoundland has the thickest accents by far. I worked with a Newfoundlander on the salmon cages when I was younger. He called everything a chimney. He'd say pass dat chimney and he could be talk about a hammer, a saw, or fish feed. You'd never know. Everyone is high 24/7 too though. I never heard anyone say aboot, ever. I find people from Toronto have huge accents but they don't even know it.

People do take their drinking serious in the east coast because it's all there is to do.

Fuck yeah!

Is it the far-eastern Canadians that say aboot? Like Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and the like?

Nah newfies don'tsay aboot noone does. Newfies add s to the end of everthing and drop h like "wes should go into the ouse"

the real question is do Canadians care what Americans think of them?

You know... I have questions of my own.

Like, right next to our boarder there are all these cities.

But id like to know what is going on with the rest of the 98% of your country.? What secrets are you keeping from us.

Canada_upper_lower_map.PNG

its where we keep all the oil, natural gas and minerals.

its where we keep all the oil, natural gas and minerals.

And what about the vicious Cave People? And the rumored Armored Moose Division?

Everone all up in arms about our southern boarder. I've always said, your eyes are best kept north...thats where the true danger lies. But no one listens, their to worried about Mexicans coming in and taking jobs they never wanted.

And what about the vicious Cave People? And the rumored Armored Moose Division?

Everone all up in arms about our southern boarder. I've always said, your eyes are best kept north...thats where the true danger lies. But no one listens, their to worried about Mexicans coming in and taking jobs they never wanted.

cave people?? do you mean eskimos?

as for the armoured moose division.....doesn't exist *shifty eyes*

In regards to our politeness? Beer? General awesomeness?

Americans please enlighten me.

Canadian-Flag-canada-729711_1280_1024.jpg
I have no negative thoughts about Canadians at all, I think their accents are pretty cool and a lot of the Canadians I know are into fighting and pro wrestling, which I also enjoy. Their country also allows people to play poker online, whereas the American government is blocking people from doing it. So I like Canada.

The only issue I have is when people make Anti-American comments. it irritates the holy hell out of me, especially the ignorance of it. But I am interested in many other countries and cultures, especially including Canada.

Why you talking with a North Dakota accent?!

[YT]JuHbrez8jTg[/YT]

I've lived in North Dakota for almost 30 years and have never heard anyone talk like that in my life unless they're older and migrated to the US from Norway.

Bullshit. Wheat >>> you.

web-wheat-field.jpg

truth be told, I've never been to Saskatchewan.

Wheat fields are nice to see for about the first 15 minutes, then the next 4 hours are boring as hell and when you're driving down what seems like the same road for 14 hours and you start day dreaming a little, BAM out jumps a deer and you total your car.

I don't think about Canadians much at all, but when I do, I'm simply comforted by the fact that I share a border with them.

I imagine you guys looking like a combination of the Trailer Park boys and Terrance and Phillip.

Your days probably consist of marathon sessions of 5-pin bowling, eating kraft dinner with left-handed spoons, and drinking canada dry on your snowmobiles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back