What do American's truly think about Canadians?

Personal experience with Canada...

My hockey team went to the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) for a tournament when I was a senior. They easily kicked our asses as expected but they were also pretty much a bunch of assholes. At the end of the game when we went to shake hands one of them spit on his hand which caused a big fight. As we were leaving the ice one of our players were attacked by one of the parents of a player on the team.

I was there for the same tournament the previous year and nothing had happened.

Most of the Canadians I've met in the US have seemed pretty cool though.

This sounds about right. It wasn't 100% because you are American. We have been spitting on our hands since or first tourney. Canadians LOVE hockey fights. The attack however, it happens more often then it should. You can trust that those parents are shunned by the normal parents.

I think that Canadians seem to think that their opinions on American affairs should matter for some reason.

The McKenzie brothers are a straight up legit representation of Canadiana.

Re: Aboot.

This one always confuses me. Dont' know anyone who says aboot. I do say it differently than many Americans. I say Ah-BOUT (as in a prize fighting bout).

The one that I get outed as a Canadian is when I say the word "again". I Say A-GAIN (as in pronouncing the work Gain).

I thought it was just a fake stereotype until I met a couple of guys in like rural Canada. I could barely understand them, they sounded like brad Pitt from snatch.

Awesome guys though once I got an ear for what they were saying, they could drink like horses.

sbr_078MoranisThomas.jpg

I was in Victoria, BC in the mid-90's. It was like San Francisco in 1969. Hippies everywhere.

The McKenzie brothers are a straight up legit representation of Canadiana.

Re: Aboot.

This one always confuses me. Dont' know anyone who says aboot. I do say it differently than many Americans. I say Ah-BOUT (as in a prize fighting bout).

The one that I get outed as a Canadian is when I say the word "again". I Say A-GAIN (as in pronouncing the work Gain).

It may not be aboot exactly, something like uh-boat or ah-buit maybe. It's hard to spell phonetically because it's kind of slurred.

I thought it was just a fake stereotype until I met a couple of guys in like rural Canada. I could barely understand them, they sounded like brad Pitt from snatch.
Awesome guys though once I got an ear for what they were saying, they could drink like horses.

It's definitely noticeable in rural Canada.

Especially in the rural areas of the east coast.

I've got a hard time understanding some of my relatives from Newfoundland when they get going lol.

I'm Canadian. Ive been all over the states and the world. Canadians are different from other Canadians living in different parts of Canada. Americans are different from Americans depending on where in the country they are from aswell. There are some Americans i find to be more similar to me then from many other Canadian cities. The cities on our borders are really no different. There are no differences in accents along the border areas aswell. It also depends on if your from a small town or big city. Eastcoast, westcoast, south or north. We have all the American channels listen to the same music. Really it all depends on where you live. When it comes to Beer ir depends on preference and what you have access to. Assholes are all over the globe, that usually has to do with the individual. Canada and USA are really very much the same (North America). Only difference is the federal governments.

beady eyes, flappy heads, some named terrance and phillip, some fart on people

That's my hometown. Still hippies everywhere.

No shit? I used to go to Nainamo (spelling?) all the time too. I was on a submarine and we had a torpedo range up there that we used to go to for training every few months. I liked that small town.

No shit? I used to go to Nainamo (spelling?) all the time too. I was on a submarine and we had a torpedo range up there that we used to go to for training every few months. I liked that small town.

Small world. I don't live in Victoria any more but I live right on the ocean on the mainland directly across from Nanaimo, I can see it's lights across the strait every night. That would be Nanoose Bay where the torpedo practice was.

the new Mexico

flooding america with shitty pot

not saying there isn't good pot in Canada, but you send the poor folks that have to smoke that shit you grow, utter garbage product

luckily I haven't even seen or heard of that shit since 2000

Beasters are a black mark on a pretty cool country

I have zero experience interacting with canadians so this is what I think:

-they like guns
-they like hockey
-they like pro wrestling
-they are very liberal
-they talk funny

It's definitely noticeable in rural Canada.

Especially in the rural areas of the east coast.

I've got a hard time understanding some of my relatives from Newfoundland when they get going lol.

Certain bay communities are really bad its funny cause it changes from spot to spot in Newfoundland I'm form central Newfoundland and sound nothing like someone from the coast, can't imagine speaking like that.

Back