What Bane Almost Looked Like

The comic version of Bane would never fit in withe Nolanverse. Scarecrow's mask barely made the cut it for me.

I always thought the perfect Bane mask for a Nolan movie would be the same cowl as Batman’s, but without the ears, a little less fat, with the mouth exposed, and with the traditional color design from the comics. They try to make Bane Batman’s equal , with the whole league of shadows thing, so I think this would fit perfectly. What is the point in having that weird gasmask if they were never going to explain about it? I mean, no offence Nolan, but what the fuck, man! That is the one thing that pisses me off.

The way she treated him at the end indicates he was friend zoned. They didn't look like lovers to me.

Fair enough.

Maybe she didn't want to make it obvious she was with him, so that Batman wouldn't ruin their last moments together making fun of Bane for tapping his woman.

"Oh shit, that's your girl Bane? Should of told me before I shoved my bat **** all up in that ass!"

(jk)

i didnt mind Bane's look in the movie, but would have preferred them to utilise the venom aspect in the mask as something that boosted him , not just medicated his pain away...

His voice was cool yet very annoying.

His death was sooo lame.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if people 1) watched this movie more than once and 2) if yes paid attention

Wait, why would you expect people to watch a movie more than once?

His voice was cool yet very annoying.

His death was sooo lame.

i thought his voice was terrible. It sounded like the old British man from the farfel episode of Seinfeld speaking through a megaphone.

I'm with this guy.

I'm no comic book expert but I always thought Bane rocked the mask because it shot him up with some roids that put him in killer beast mode. In the TDKR he's played like a pretty level headed intellectual villain and the mask is there to keep him alive? I dunno could be way off. The scene where he breaks Bruce's back was so anti-climatic I actually chuckled.

Yeah they skipped over the part where he could turn up the dial on the back of his mask to inject more super roids (called Venom in the comic)... It was OK but I agree, he should have been more aggro

Hardy did a great job but I think the only thing he lacked was the sheer size that Bane possessed. IMO would've been perfectly played by a Pro bodybuilder.

Maybe he could have put in more time. I heard him say in an interview he only trained 5 weeks or so I think.

I liked Bane's look in the movie, because his mask reminds me of Mutant's Leader mouth.

Back