What Bane Almost Looked Like

Jing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://screencrush.com/bane-dark-knight-rises-concept-art/

bane-art.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises‘ hits DVD and Blu-ray on December 4th and a few early copies have leaked in advance of the official release. One of the behind-the-scenes documentaries included on the discs shows off some behind-the-scenes photos of Tom Hardy as Bane plus some concept art on what Bane almost looked like.

Because of his trademark mask, Bane was always going to be a difficult character to adapt into Christopher Nolan’s universe. (Remember how he looked like a Mexican wrestler in ‘Batman and Robin?’) But with all the options they had, it looks like Nolan and crew made the best choice.

None of the options below look like they would translate well and both of the “hood” designs look downright silly. You can also see the early sketch for the design they did use in the film to see how it evolved over development.

MBIXa.jpg

IaufX.jpg

LcmKF.jpg

Interesting pic of Bane before they digitally removed all the tattoos.

9rVYq.jpg

Looks like we could have had to deal with a Gimped Ninja or a Gimped Executioner or possibly even a Star Wars Bane.

What do you think of the other possible iterations of Bane? Which do you feel is the best?

How would I have been able to fap to that? Alternate mask doesn't even look like goatse.

Bane.jpg

Should have looked like this.

Hardy did a great job but I think the only thing he lacked was the sheer size that Bane possessed. IMO would've been perfectly played by a Pro bodybuilder.

Batman-Robin_Bane.jpg

The movie sucked. And the adaptation of Bane sucked. I liked Tom Hardy as Bane for the first half of the movie. The second half of the movie sucked.

Batman-Robin_Bane.jpg

The movie sucked. And the adaptation of Bane sucked. I liked Tom Hardy as Bane for the first half of the movie. The second half of the movie sucked.

I'm with this guy.

I'm no comic book expert but I always thought Bane rocked the mask because it shot him up with some roids that put him in killer beast mode. In the TDKR he's played like a pretty level headed intellectual villain and the mask is there to keep him alive? I dunno could be way off. The scene where he breaks Bruce's back was so anti-climatic I actually chuckled.

meh, closer to the way its supposed to be

i dont know about this subject at all, but i can tell you that masked dude is basically a copy of the executioner in Resident Evil 4.

the dude was in a basement cell somewhere.

While I think the mask that may have happened is closer to the original, I like the mask that they eventually adopted and put on screen better.

Hardy did a great job but I think the only thing he lacked was the sheer size that Bane possessed. IMO would've been perfectly played by a Pro bodybuilder.

Nolan loved scaling the nonsense back, so in that way he fit in. I'm not really against the option of having some body builder or ex-WWE guy (like The Rock, who is used to a bit of physical acting) do the physical part, and then Hardy or someone else dubbing the voice.

As for the mask - I suppose it was always going to be an issue. In the stupid last-gen movie they solved it by making Bane as a person almost irrelevant, but here he had to express himself a lot, so a completely covered face could have been hard. I was always impressed that V for Vendetta sort of pulled it off.

i dont know about this subject at all, but i can tell you that masked dude is basically a copy of the executioner in Resident Evil 4.

the dude was in a basement cell somewhere.

Which of the masked dudes in the thread?

The comic book Bane design far outdates RE4

I'm with this guy.

I'm no comic book expert but I always thought Bane rocked the mask because it shot him up with some roids that put him in killer beast mode. In the TDKR he's played like a pretty level headed intellectual villain and the mask is there to keep him alive? I dunno could be way off. The scene where he breaks Bruce's back was so anti-climatic I actually chuckled.
I'm pretty sure the appeal of Bane was that not only is he physically imposing, he's also very witty and intelligent. I'm no expert either and I could be wrong as well, but I think that's always how he's suppose to be portrayed.

If I remember correctly, the Bane character you quoted sucked ass. He was a typical meathead dummy and was a terrible representation of Bane.

It would have been great if they got someone a little bit bigger, but they would be sacrificing acting just for the sake of having some giant monster on screen. I think Hardy did alright and Nolan's adaptation of Bane was fine for the most part. I thought the movie could have been better, but Bane was the least of the problems I had with the movie. Just my .2 cents, of course.

They made him look a lot bigger with the angles. I think they did a good job.

Plus a bodybuilder would have obviously sucked ass as an actor. Even if the role isn't the most complicated one to pull off.

they probably thought it was a little too "s&m"/leather bondage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back