What Bane Almost Looked Like

They never explained what the mask was for in the movie...other than it hurt him when it was broken.

If it's supplying something for him to inhale...where's that coming from?

It pumps a nerve gas that makes movement bearable. Thought that was pretty clear cut

Lol are we still bitching about his size?

Really?

people say he wasnt big enough....who did you want doing it? a pro bodybuilder with no acting chops? lol

If not a bigger actor with legit acting who they could use the same angle tricks to make look huge then cgi it so he looks like a pro bodybuilder. apparently they already had to cgi all his tattoos away anyway

They never explained what the mask was for in the movie...other than it hurt him when it was broken.

I thought they said it was pain meds for something that was otherwise debilitating. I assume it was in the side panels of the mask and could be changed out regularly

I agree there are a lot more physically gifted people who could have played Bane. Problem is playing Bane required actual acting which instantly shafted about 99% of those guys. I like that they used Tom Hardy, his fight scenes easily made up for the lack of muscle, the way he strikes in the movie is just beast, a guy with too much muscle (like the comic book bane) probably would have not been able to pull it off without looking sloppy.

But hey... I'm no batman expert.

I thought the fight scenes were pretty awful. I thought Batman and Bane were both schooled martial artists -not brawlers with 2 slow roundhouses and a bear hug.

Glad the producers got the mask right otherwise he'd look like the humongous from the road warrior.i think thats his name..

I'm with this guy.

I'm no comic book expert but I always thought Bane rocked the mask because it shot him up with some roids that put him in killer beast mode. In the TDKR he's played like a pretty level headed intellectual villain and the mask is there to keep him alive? I dunno could be way off. The scene where he breaks Bruce's back was so anti-climatic I actually chuckled.

Comic Bane is one of the smartest Bat villains. That's what made him different from other brute villains like Killer Croc.

Suppresses the pain he had from injuries received protecting Talia and the follow up procedure to "fix" his wounds.

Sometimes I wonder if people 1) watched this movie more than once and 2) if yes paid attention

Suppresses the pain he had from injuries received protecting Talia and the follow up procedure to "fix" his wounds.

Sometimes I wonder if people 1) watched this movie more than once and 2) if yes paid attention

I didn't but still caught that

No way, he would of looked like that one guy from Pulp Fiction.

They nailed it with the mask and outfits. Hardy looked awesome.

There's 30 mins of extra footage that explains what exactly happened to him.

http://screencrush.com/dark-knight-rises-directors-cut/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_30460

He has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn

at first i thought bane was really retarded. i just didn't get the decision making process behind it. but by the end of the movie it was hard to imagine Bane turning out any cooler. the voice bugged me for a couple days, but i ultimately think some hard ass voice would have made him a tool. kind of like the batman voice, i guess.

appearance wise, i thought he was fine. i couldn't give a shit about how it's different from the comic; i just want something that works within the movie, and Bane was the best part of the movie.

they should just used a luchador mask and nolan it up

I don't think that is clear cut at all.

Only if you know how Nolan thinks.

Talia was the true Al Ghul. Just like in the end of Begins, you find out things are not what they seem and the true leader is revealed. Bane was only pretending to be the leader. The flashbacks of Ra's was meant to lead up to it but was overlooked by most.

This is part of Nolan's perfect symmetry of the trilogy from beginning to end.

Ya I read about perfect symmetry before but I don't buy it.

Talia may have come up with the plan to turn the energy creator into a bomb, but that doesn't mean Bane did nothing. Bane led the soldiers, did planning, and was crucial to their near success.

Ya I read about perfect symmetry before but I don't buy it.

Talia may have come up with the plan to turn the energy creator into a bomb, but that doesn't mean Bane did nothing. Bane led the soldiers, did planning, and was crucial to their near success.

As did the original fake Al Ghul. Bane was like a General. Talia a Emperor of the LOS.

the mask pumped him full of morphine...

It was explained vaguely so it wasn't clear cut.

What's clear cut was that Bane was just a poser since Talia was running the show.

Bane had just as much conviction to complete what the League of Shadows tried to do in gotham. In fact, Bane was the one doing all the footwork. He kidnapped the physicist, killed Daget, broke Batman, released the prisoners, and supplied his mercenaries for the cause. He did all the work and it was only after he was in dire straits that Talia actually did something and stabbed Batman and then gave a monologue before failing to blow up Gotham.

If anyone is the poser, she is.

Back