What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Total voters
What "too much" are you talking about? I love the tension in those games...before I realize it's all artificial and is more of a fight with the game's overall design and mechanics. They go from "scary" to "bullshit" very fast.
Try welcome to Kowloon or still wakes the deep.

I tried some more remnant 2. I think game is much easier than the first one but they have a really annoying puzzle cube boss

I tried some more remnant 2. I think game is much easier than the first one but they have a really annoying puzzle cube boss

Yeah, I downloaded Remnant 2. Haven't touched it though.

A couple of friends of mine tried it and said that they didn't like it, but it looks promising.

Yeah, I downloaded Remnant 2. Haven't touched it though.

A couple of friends of mine tried it and said that they didn't like it, but it looks promising.
It’s a souls like shooter. I think they dumbed down the difficulty for the second game. The level design for both games are confusing. They don’t hold your hand in terms of telling you what you need to do but sometimes it’s just bad design. Combat should be challenging but some QOL stuff like using their map shouldn’t be an annoyance.

I am probably going to finish it. I like the combat for these type of games

I was in charge at work all week and I am PUMPED to just get blasted this weekend and play the new Path of Exile league. If you've ever considered jumping in now is the time, it looks super fun.

Yeah that boss was a pain in the ass but once you get it down it feels pretty cool.

Yeah that boss was a pain in the ass but once you get it down it feels pretty cool.
The story is all over the place like the first game. I am not sure why we had that intro with that chick with the dreads character. I thought she was going to be important but she ends up just becoming a vendor after the prologue. Next second you are looking for some Asian girl Clementine?

You kind of just run from area to area without knowing the background story. It just gets worse when you quick join other people's games.The old game allowed you to join other people's games without messing up the progress of your own campaign. I think I am in the middle of the game but I don't know the story at all.

Well one thing is new constant monster chasing you. I hate that feeling. I don’t like the tension is the thing. I’m trying to relax and play games. The possible jump scares also. Just not into it.

It sucks to cause the RE games are really great overall just can’t handle it. My friend did tell me RE 4 isn’t like that which might be true because RE 5 wasn’t that way either.
It's true. RE4 is more action based. It has some rough choke points(beginning, cabin fight), but nothing that actually makes you feel helpless. No real big scares either, where you're clenching your butthole, just waiting for the next fresh hell . It's basically "Aliens" compared to "Alien".

As far as the "invulnerable monster chasing you" thing, I hate that in any game. I find it very cheap. It's why I haven't really dug into the RE2 remake. That shit is just annoying.

I found a game in PS Plus called The Ascent. It's like a cyberpunk Diablo with guns and the graphics are freaking amazing

I finally found a good game in that pile of shit games. The music is pretty good too. It's like some cybernetic synthwave music

It had co op multi player too which I haven't tried yet

Why can't Diablo make graphics like this The Ascent?

I found a game in PS Plus called The Ascent. It's like a cyberpunk Diablo with guns and the graphics are freaking amazing

I finally found a good game in that pile of shit games. The music is pretty good too. It's like some cybernetic synthwave music

Ascent is pretty good for what it is. It is pretty fun for a simple game.

It's actually a game with decent character/world design and they shrank it down.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak: Great game. I had played it before with fan translation, but it is just much better with the real thing and english voice acting. My favorite game in the series so far

I bought all the packs for Redout 2 already. I'm mastering the game. I'll never get tired of it. Even if I 100% this game, I can still keep playing it. This will never get deleted off my hard drive.

Elon Musk needs to build it ASAP

Jesus Christ Amnesia The Bunker is the scariest game I've ever played.

And unfortunately I can't stop playing it because it's really, really good. I'm probably going to die of a heart attack.

Know that I died happy. Scared out of my mind but happy

Started playing Control. I like it so far except for the lack of gps. It's annoying how easy it is to get lost in the map.

Also, not sure why you can't stay in cover after shooting... Or guess why does the game have a cover system in general? Having to manually duck after every shot sucks.

Testing out a game called Moonscars. It barely took any storage. It's a 16 but Metroidvania/Soulslike type game with a weird/dark theme

They say it's hard as hell. It looks super interesting though. I feellike someone here has played it. I got 20minutes in and started over to do the tutorial again to figure out how to level up

I'm just trying to find games to keep on PS Plus

Picked up Diablo 1 on a work trip and that turned into me getting back into star craft. Game is still a ton of fun and I’ve been watching Korean pro tournaments on YouTube

I finished the 40K: Boltgun DLC, Forges of Corruption. It was fine, nothing special in terms of a DLC but Boltgun is a blast to play so more of the same is ok. Emphasis on massive arena fps play. I'd say the Ion Fury DLC I completed recently was more ambitious in terms of design

I started Easy Red 2, which is kind of like a sandbox WW2 simulator, and my first impressions have been good but it doesn't seem to be anything special. There are a lot of historical battles to play, no big story or anything but that's fine. You can drive vehicles, including aircraft, and play multiple different roles in the squad. Basically fairly large scale WW2 battles with semi-realistic gameplay (It can be cumbersome in some areas, but for example it doesn't seem to have things like bullet drop)

I also started Sunset Overdrive, which i didn't know much about but it looked kinda fun and I bought it some Steam Sale. My first impressions are pretty good, like a combo of Saints Row and Dead Rising with Jet Set Radio style grinding and movement. But it also crashes a lot which is troubling

Gonna start Alien Isolation and New Tales from The Borderlands soon as well

Game is awesome. Im usually not a fan of the isometric view games but that one is tits. I think there is a DLC i have yet to play

Pretty much cleared out my backlog so im giving Starfield another go. This game gets worse everytime i give it another shot. Everything is so damn tedious. It feels like everything you want to do takes way too many steps. Want to travel to that icon directly in front of you? Can i fly there? No. Press X to travel there? Nope

Open menu
Open map
Use awkward menu controls to select destination
Loading screen
Cutscene
Land
Select exit ship
Loading screen

Jesus fucking Christ

Combined with the constant inventory management, boring worlds that require hours of walking through nothing, the ridiculous Oxygen crap and never ending fetch quests im probably gonna tap out for the 100th time.

/endrant

Last edited:
Back