What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Total voters
Just finished the story for Granblue Fantasy Relink, and the main story was surprisingly short, but hot damn am I feeling overwhelmed opening up the end game content. So many new mechanics opened up and level boosting. I think the main story took me like 25hours and that was doing all of the side quests available, but I can see the end game content taking at least twice that. Cleared hard mode and just about done with maniac and still haven't even seen the items to craft some of the weapons and upgrades, let alone the raid content.

Overall enjoyed the game, but not sure how much end game grinding I want to do or move on to the next game.

Another Crab's Treasure

This game is too fun. So many clever little things everywhere you look and the writing is hilarious (and a little depressing). It's also pretty damn hard. The first boss took me almost an hour and I've beaten 6 Fromsoft games. Aside from a few small performance issues my only gripe is the dialogue, apart from the cut scenes, is just text. I think having the characters speak in game would have really kicked this up a notch especially with how creative the writing is.

Last edited:
Recently got back into the evil within. I tried playing the second game again after beating the first, but the color palette, character designs, cliche plot (broken man looks for his daughter in a foreboding world), and tongue in cheek dialogue are such a departure from the original game I had to put it down.

Just finished the story for Granblue Fantasy Relink, and the main story was surprisingly short, but hot damn am I feeling overwhelmed opening up the end game content. So many new mechanics opened up and level boosting. I think the main story took me like 25hours and that was doing all of the side quests available, but I can see the end game content taking at least twice that. Cleared hard mode and just about done with maniac and still haven't even seen the items to craft some of the weapons and upgrades, let alone the raid content.

Overall enjoyed the game, but not sure how much end game grinding I want to do or move on to the next game.
It's short but I appreciate it being action packed. So many modern games feel the need to drag out the length by padding the shit out of it. I couldn't even finish FF Rebirth because of the endless minigames and repetitive open world activities.

I'd at least play it until you beat Chapter Ø. You need to do like 10 additional quests which are just repeating bosses on extreme difficulty. Also unlocking all the characters and trying them out is pretty fun.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. I had a lot of fun with it. It's basically a gacha game but without predatory monetization.

I'm playing The Remnant 2 and it looks to be a great game so far.

This is what Diablo should look and play like in 2024 in my opinion.

I picked the Bruiser class I think it was called but the class with the pet dog companion looked interesting. I'm thinking the class with the dog might be like the Necromancer and the Bruiser class is like the Barbarian.

Lords of the Fallen

Beat that first boss bitch, and I'm off to the races. Loving just how shameless of a clone this is. This may as well be "Dark Souls 4". Heard it was pretty rough at launch, but they must've sorted everything out, 'cause this is perfect.

Not a complaint, but the only issue I have, is that it has a LOT of paths to go down, and given the "dual worlds" thing, it can get a bit taxing on the brain and overwhelming. I pretty much just let it ride, and it takes me where it takes me. I always get a bit nervous when switching to the "umbral" world, or whatever the fuck it's called, but I like that. That eye staring at you and getting bigger n' shit...gets intense.

It's also(so far) very fair. Not much bullshit, although, I do expect that to change. So far so good, though. I honestly expected this game to suck. Nope. They nailed it.

Finished Necromunda a few days ago. It's been a long time since I played a fast paced arena FPS. I'm a huge fan of WH40k Lore and it was only $8. Overall, I thought it was ok. The game does a piss poor job of introducing you to all of it's systems. So, starting off will be a bit rough until you get the hang of it. The game allows you to do side missions and with enough you become much too OP for the main story as you can level up fairly quickly. You do have a dog by your side which is cool to sick on enemies. The world building and level design were really fun. You really feel like you're in a Hive City. However, lots of jank comes with the game and the weapon variety was pretty stale. It's not like they were bad, just not super interesting or unique. Tons of repeating enemies and the bosses just end up being sponges with not enough unique moves for me to care. I would have been pissed if I paid for price but it's worth the admission for under $10.

7/10

I really hope that one day developers will figure out a way to make a good "Hard" mode. 99% of the time it's health and damage tweaks when it should be tougher enemies with more difficult move sets. A lot of times it's a waste of time. Once you get an enemy or boss down Hard mode is just extending the match because their health pool is larger.

I really hope that one day developers will figure out a way to make a good "Hard" mode. 99% of the time it's health and damage tweaks when it should be tougher enemies with more difficult move sets. A lot of times it's a waste of time. Once you get an enemy or boss down Hard mode is just extending the match because their health pool is larger.

I always loved the way FF7R approached it. They made the game play different. You couldn't use potions or MP refill items anymore. So you had to get through levels without being able to refill your MP. You had to use spells\abilities that provided some healing during fights. It was really impressive what they did.

Im behind on a ton of shit so Im alternating between Resident Evil 7 and Dead Island 2.

I always loved the way FF7R approached it. They made the game play different. You couldn't use potions or MP refill items anymore. So you had to get through levels without being able to refill your MP. You had to use spells\abilities that provided some healing during fights. It was really impressive what they did.
This approach to hard mode design is ingenious. It emphasizes strategic thinking over prolonged combat.

Another issue is the lack of clear mode descriptions. In the past, games often came with detailed explanations of each difficulty level through booklets or sleeves. Nowadays, when selecting a mode, you're often met with vague statements like "not for the faint of heart" or "for the most seasoned players." This ambiguity leaves players unsure of what to expect. To make matters worse, some games don't allow mid-game difficulty adjustments, forcing players to start over if they find the chosen mode cumbersome.

some games don't allow mid-game difficulty adjustments, forcing players to start over if they find the chosen mode cumbersome.

I think MGS2 did this to me. I couldn't beat the last boss in the game it was damn near impossible (for me at least) and I just wanted to quickly get through the game. Not get involved in some struggle to learn all the fine mechanics needed to get through that fight. I quit and just watched the ending online.

I think MGS2 did this to me. I couldn't beat the last boss in the game it was damn near impossible (for me at least) and I just wanted to quickly get through the game. Not get involved in some struggle to learn all the fine mechanics needed to get through that fight. I quit and just watched the ending online.
It recently happened to me during No More Hero’s III. It explicitly said you can’t change the difficulty and now I’m stuck in a game that’s a hack n slash that’s taking forever.

I played a few horror games. I legit quit some of them because it got too much.

I played a few horror games. I legit quit some of them because it got too much.

I've just given up on horror games I can't handle it. Even the RE games are bit to much for me and I wont buy them anymore.

I've just given up on horror games I can't handle it. Even the RE games are bit to much for me and I wont buy them anymore.
I got gifted a bunch indie horror games. Too many jump scares and some of the games require you to talk to the mic to the ghost

Lol too many jump scares

What "too much" are you talking about? I love the tension in those games...before I realize it's all artificial and is more of a fight with the game's overall design and mechanics. They go from "scary" to "bullshit" very fast.

What "too much" are you talking about? I love the tension in those games...before I realize it's all artificial and is more of a fight with the game's overall design and mechanics. They go from "scary" to "bullshit" very fast.
Well one thing is new constant monster chasing you. I hate that feeling. I don’t like the tension is the thing. I’m trying to relax and play games. The possible jump scares also. Just not into it.

It sucks to cause the RE games are really great overall just can’t handle it. My friend did tell me RE 4 isn’t like that which might be true because RE 5 wasn’t that way either.

Solar Survivors
With the success of Vampire survivors the reverse bullet hell genre took off but I've seen only a few side scrolling shoot em ups doing the same concept so I was pleasantly surprised by this.
It is a small indie game though but I feel like I got my 5 bucks worth out of it.

Back