What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Total voters
Started playing the Switch remake of Harvest Moon Story of Seasons and like all my Harvest Moon sessions, I stopped playing about 3/4 through the game... It's an ok installment in the universe but it's dumbed down compared to others. The game has some good aspects and would be a great starting point for players new to the series...

Road 96 on The Switch. Played through the story once but there's plenty of replay value, in fact it should be played through a few times to fill out the story. It's a "tell tale-like" episodic interactive story game where you play as various anonymous teens attempting to get to the border to escape their country in turmoil. Each teen interacts with the 7 or 8 main NPC's while on their journey and each interaction allows choices which affect later interactions. There are also secondary NPC's and decisions to make which affect the playthrough. It's an interesting game with a fresh enough take on gameplay. There's some "woke-lite" stuff, mostly in the political realm but it's not off-putting for someone off-put by these things...

Unfortunately/fortunately I've started grinding D2 Resurrection again so that's that...

Also recently bought:

Atelier Ryza 3
Sakuna of rice and ruin
Disco Alysium
13 Sentinels
Unicorn Overlord
Cuphead
Sea of Stars
The Dio Field Chronicle
Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator
Harvestella
Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 remaster
Dead in Vinland
And Saviors of Sapphire Wings/Stranger of Sword City revisited...

Might have overreached a bit...

Last edited:
Road 96 on The Switch. Played through the story once but there's plenty of replay value, in fact it should be played through a few times to fill out the story. It's a "tell tale-like" episodic interactive story game where you play as various anonymous teens attempting to get to the border to escape their country in turmoil. Each teen interacts with the 7 or 8 main NPC's while on their journey and each interaction allows choices which affect later interactions. There are also secondary NPC's and decisions to make which affect the playthrough. It's an interesting game with a fresh enough take on gameplay. There's some "woke-lite" stuff, mostly in the political realm but it's not off-putting for someone off-put by these things...
That's a hidden gem. It looks like shit, but the different paths in the story are great, and they managed to make failure an interesting option with it's rogue-like elements. Shame it came out at a time when that genre was pretty much dead.

Started playing the Switch remake of Harvest Moon Story of Seasons and like all my Harvest Moon sessions, I stopped playing about 3/4 through the game... It's an ok installment in the universe but it's dumbed down compared to others. The game has some good aspects and would be a great starting point for players new to the series...

Unfortunately/fortunately I've started grinding D2 Resurrection again so that's that...

Also recently bought:

Atelier Ryza 3
Sakuna of rice and ruin
Disco Alysium
13 Sentinels
Unicorn Overlord
Cuphead
Sea of Stars
The Dio Field Chronicle
Harvestella
Dead in Vinland

Just want to pop in and say Harvestella is a sleeper. Such a surprisingly fun game

I played a little more Remnant 2. The game is good but you can cheese it pretty hard with some builds. I thought I hit hard because I just stack crits along with a certain weapon. I think I can get around 30-35k of damage with one mod. Some people I partnered with just melt the bosses with some spell mods and builds. The end game isn't too hard but there are so many different scenarios to grind out.

I am still using a newbie handler as the main. I am playing rather defensively and just slowly leveling up the secondary job skill.

Last edited:
Just about done with Granblue Fantasy Relink. Just about through to Proud mode, but not sure if want to grind out the last batch of quests or just move on into the next game.

Currently working offsite and the family came with for the summer. They fly back for school in a week and I'll have 6 weeks solo and think I can get through a couple of games. Hoping to burn through Persona 3 Reloaded and Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.

Also recently bought:

Atelier Ryza 3
Sakuna of rice and ruin
Disco Alysium
13 Sentinels
Unicorn Overlord
Cuphead
Sea of Stars
The Dio Field Chronicle
Harvestella
Dead in Vinland

Hopefully these were all on sale. Unicorn Overlord is absolutely top tier. Vanillaware doesn't give a fuck- they fill their games with unabashedly beautiful people and they have some of the best artists around. Really scratched the strategy itch for me

Is Borderlands 3 worth playing as a single-player experience?

Just want to pop in and say Harvestella is a sleeper. Such a surprisingly fun game

Never understood why this game never came to PS. Square is so weird with their releases and where they release a game.

I found Fist of the Northstar in the PS Store for sale for 5 bucks. I'm about to play it. The reviews say it's good. It's called Lost Paradise. It released on PS4

Its ok not as good as 2 but if you get the ultimate version with all the dlc (usually is on sale a lot) then there's a lot of content to play through (Base Game, 4 main Story DLC's plus some extra story stuff and at least one extra gameplay mode)

Yeah. It's probably the friendliest to SP of the bunch, as there are no real big choke points that practically requires MP, unless it's very specific like a raid boss/arena battle.

It's a good meaty game on it's own, and absolutely gigantic with all the DLC. The writing isn't as good as it was in previous games though, which is really it's only downside. If you happen to have any other BL games purchased on file, you can get the entire collection(Pandora's Box) with all DLC for like $40. If you don't, it'd be worth it to buy BL1 on sale for $10, and then just grab the collection, since BL3 has so much DLC and it ain't all that cheap. It's a pretty crazy bargain, and I'm pretty sure it's still being offered.

Starfield 6/10

Finished up the Crimson Fleet questline, the Main Story and a fair bit of random quests. While it does become slightly more enjoyable, all of the problems still stand throughout the endgame. From the writing to exploration to performance this one just feels like they phoned it in. No desire to play through a NG+ and am going to wait to see the DLC reviews before i get excited for that.

Going to start Yakuza 0. Ive tried these Yakuza games a few times but just couldn’t get into them.

Last edited:
Going to start Yakuza 0. Ive tried these Yakuza games a few times but just couldn’t get into them.

I don't know why you've quit these games but IMO they really shine if you just play through the main quest line. The side stuff is always goofy unserious quest (most of the time anyways) and it takes me out of the serious story being told. So I basically just rush through the main story of these games and to me the main story is always good.

Playing Resident Evil 2 remake.

I think I'm just getting too old for this shit. I grew up loving the older games and the Survival horror genre. I just don't know if I have the patience for it anymore. I have to conserve ammo and avoid confrontations when I just wanna kill everything in my path, but then I risk running low on ammo and have to reload an old save. Just let me Rambo, bro.

Never knew Doom Eternal is is free for PS+ subscribers until a few days ago. Downloaded it and having a blast. Such a huge difference between this game and Necromunda. Both fun in their own way, but Doom obliterates Necromunda on every metric.

Never knew Doom Eternal is is free for PS+ subscribers until a few days ago. Downloaded it and having a blast. Such a huge difference between this game and Necromunda. Both fun in their own way, but Doom obliterates Necromunda on every metric.
I love Doom Eternal. It doesn't get enough credit for being perfectly optimized. You can bump all the settings to max with ray tracing and almost any computer can run it, and it looks amazing. Shotgun shells reflecting on a table, amazing hellish lighting.

And the gameplay was insane. The combat loop is so much fun. And the fact that they brought the classic Cyberdemon back. Love it. LOVE IT

I love Doom Eternal. It doesn't get enough credit for being perfectly optimized. You can bump all the settings to max with ray tracing and almost any computer can run it, and it looks amazing. Shotgun shells reflecting on a table, amazing hellish lighting.

And the gameplay was insane. The combat loop is so much fun. And the fact that they brought the classic Cyberdemon back. Love it. LOVE IT
Agreed, so many cool little things about it that make it awesome. I've always been a fan of the series, just haven't spent a lot of time playing the newest versions. I'm a terrible shot and miss about 45% of the time, but I'm working on it. This has me excited for the next installment and I can see why this current iteration of Doom has such a loyal fanbase.

I've probably been the #1 fan of the Dead Space Remake in the entirety of the Arcade forum since it released, and was outspoken of my desire for the sequel, Dead Space 2, to also be remade.
Unfortunately, it looks like that is not going to happen.

So I bought Dead Space 2, the XB360 version, for my Series X and it includes an FPS boost. Starting a New Game on Hard.

Wish me luck.

It's been almost two years since I last played Eternal and I've been thinking about it ever since. It's the most intense game I've ever played.

Been dying to play it again but at the same time I'm afraid because of how dialed in I have to be. This shit is stressful.

But with the Doom news today I decided to fire it up. And I suck so bad lol. About to get obliterated at Cultist Base.

Back