What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mastered 17 tracks in Rocksmith so far. Started Resident Evil 2.

Still playing Hunt Showdown when im intoxicated with my friend, we have played 160 hours in total. I got a new PC since the old one broke down and at least the game is playable now with decent graphics (Intel i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 8GB), older PC had constant lag in the game

Full 1000/1500 on Forza Horizon 4. The 500 is for the Fortune Island DLC I haven't picked up yet.

Gonna try Flying Tigers next. Picked it up on sale last week and I haven't played an air combat game in while and with Ace Combat 7 dropping I am feeling that itch.

Just about finished AC Odyssey. Goddamn it’s a long game. I’ll play the DLC.

Starting Battlefield V. Seems quite cool.

Playing Sniper Elite 4 and GTA 5 at the moment. Downloaded a trial of Final Fantasy XIV but it plays like every other boring MMORPG so i doubt i'll put much more into it.

Downloaded Star Trek Online but haven't played it yet. Never had any interest in Star Trek but the game looks ok.

I really hate mopping up on the last few trophies of a game I really liked/loved, because it just degrades the experience a tad. I just think its a fault of the people making the lists, trying to pad the game length to make the game seem longer, but its weak shit to me.

Its like with GOW, or Spiderman platinum trophies that were the most recent platinum trophies that Id gotten, just some dumb tedious stuff left which add nothing to the game or the fun, but theyre in the trophies list just because its there to make it seem like an achievement. Theyre not though, and we suckers still go for it, because we like that tiny shitty, meaningless trophy.

I dont go for plats anymore unless I like the game, and its not too tedious. But sometimes, those that seem not too tedious, are so damn tedious.

Sorry for my rambling rant.

Never saw the point of going for ‘trophies’, it seems pathetic for me to have something to show off to online people. I might do every shit in a game just because I love it (Shadow of War, RDR2)

Never saw the point of going for ‘trophies’, it seems pathetic for me to have something to show off to online people. I might do every shit in a game just because I love it (Shadow of War, RDR2)
I dont think people go for trophies because they want to show of for online people, infact literally no one looks at your plats etc online. Its a collection compulsion and having a complete set.

But I did go through a period of collecting platinums, not for others but just because I couldnt play the games without going for 100%, made some games less fun, others more so etc. Its like getting the most for your buck, especially when youre younger.

I dont think people go for trophies because they want to show of for online people, infact literally no one looks at your plats etc online. Its a collection compulsion and having a complete set.

But I did go through a period of collecting platinums, not for others but just because I couldnt play the games without going for 100%, made some games less fun, others more so etc. Its like getting the most for your buck, especially when youre younger.

Okay as of as you’re having fun and having the time but it’s a a form of fueling OCD IMHO.

I don't know why it would be "pathetic". Games were essentially built around aiming for high scores, and trophy/achievement hunting is just another form of that. That's like saying playing any competitive game to "show off" your skills and stats is pathetic. It an essential part of gaming in general. Not for everyone of course, but I don't get why anyone would take issue with it.

I don't know why it would be "pathetic". Games were essentially built around aiming for high scores, and trophy/achievement hunting is just another form of that. That's like saying playing any competitive game to "show off" your skills and stats is pathetic. It an essential part of gaming in general. Not for everyone of course, but I don't get why anyone would take issue with it.

I play games to have fun by myself or with friends and not show off to other people. And you will give me shit for saying something about my real life but now you’re defending digital trophies as being worthwhile and meaningful. Have fun, play games, sink as much time you want into them but fuck your ‘trophies’, ‘badges’, ‘100%’and ‘accomplishments’.

I play games to have fun by myself or with friends and not show off to other people. And you will give me shit for saying something about my real life but now you’re defending digital trophies as being worthwhile and meaningful.

Who said anything about showing off? LOL. Can people not have fun while trophy hunting? Can they not think it adds value to the game, and gives them an extra challenge? This is such a bizarre issue to have with gaming. It would be like complaining about people beating games.

"Oh', you beat RDR2 huh? Pathetic show off. Beating games is sooo lame, you fucking try hard."

I mean, what the hell are you even mad about? Some guy get all up in your grill, flashing his gamerscore in your face or something?

Have fun, play games, sink as much time you want into them but fuck your ‘trophies’, ‘badges’, ‘100%’and ‘accomplishments’.

LOL, but why? For something you think doesn't matter much, you seem oddly triggered by it.

Okay as of as you’re having fun and having the time but it’s a a form of fueling OCD IMHO.

Its part of the game. To get the best score you could get. Some trophies are fun, whilst others are grindy and boring like most games. Theyre just as much part of a game as say collectables in games. Hell would you say having the high score in whatever game is showing off if its on a leaderboard?

I play games to have fun by myself or with friends and not show off to other people. And you will give me shit for saying something about my real life but now you’re defending digital trophies as being worthwhile and meaningful. Have fun, play games, sink as much time you want into them but fuck your ‘trophies’, ‘badges’, ‘100%’and ‘accomplishments’.

The core of gaming is to have challenge and have fun accomplishing it. Stop trying to gatekeep, you sound immature, and frankly I feel like you give too much of a shit, maybe you have shitty trophy count or maybe youre jealous of others being better at games than you?

You could easily say "why sink time into gaming, its pathetic", gatekeepers are usually insecure bunch.

Its part of the game. To get the best score you could get. Some trophies are fun, whilst others are grindy and boring like most games. Theyre just as much part of a game as say collectables in games. Hell would you say having the high score in whatever game is showing off if its on a leaderboard?

The core of gaming is to have challenge and have fun accomplishing it. Stop trying to gatekeep, you sound immature, and frankly I feel like you give too much of a shit, maybe you have shitty trophy count or maybe youre jealous of others being better at games than you?

You could easily say "why sink time into gaming, its pathetic", gatekeepers are usually insecure bunch.

I was programming MSX games before you were born, kiddo.

Beat Wolfenstein II last night but still have postgame Nazi-hunting to do. Awesome, awesome game. The shooting mechanics are top. Playtime with some sides done was 30 hours; it's hovering north/south of 30€ at the moment so well worth your money, IMO. I have easily another 10 hours of content to hit; there are also a few trophies I've got my sights on.

Some gator scared the piss out of me the other night while on a sewer mission. And dogfood restores more HP than actual food, lol. Classic. Such a wacky story that never loses its cool. Outside of maybe a few suppressed headshots and stealth takedowns à la mah trusty hatchet, keeping things non-aggro wasn't really ever in the programme.

Pretty hard game, TBH. The beginning is rough without any perks at play and the early level design is a bit lacking – think a griefer's playground of stairwells and hallways pasted atop each other. All is very polished though and looking great; I was taking quite a few screengrabs while playing to file away and maybe revisit at some point for kicks.

Had some respawning issues where it would drop me over and over on top of a ticking-down grenade or re-corner me before a barrel of enemy fire but always eventually saw to wiggling my way out and progressing (so ultimately never game-breaking). Anyone who can beat this game without dying once is a modern-day Mozart, in my book. Bravo. The final showdown was maddening and, not to mince words, hard AF.

The way HP is numerically gauged over parts life and armour considering the nature of combat here is somewhere between unintuitive and poor, while also ineffectively positioned on-screen, IMO, but you get used to a plan B – fight to win, reload, and carry on; you have to let the inner-RPG'er in you go for these anyhow.

My two favourite things overall were the conceptualisation of the Glocke, a Nazi nuclear reactor crucial to the war effort (so cool) and then Set – an eccentric and loveable Jewish scientist who's superbly voiced and helping you along the way.

Strongly recommend. Stylish and so much fun. It'll pull a few laughs out of you too, I'm sure of it. Did I mention awesome weapons? That too. Long live BJ.

I was programming MSX games before you were born, kiddo.
Well there it is. His logic was destroyed so the old man will go back to the only thing he has here, his old age. As if it means anything. <{clintugh}>

Bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey after hearing all the good shit about it. Got a key for the ultimate addition for £54 down from £95.

<13>

So, I’m stuck at E4M2 on Ultimate Doom for the 360, playing it on my one.

I just can’t do it captain.

Has anyone done this on a 360 or emulated on the one on ULTRA VIOLENCE?

I know it can be done on the PC, but I’m thinking the controller is just making the moving mechanics too slow??

I was sure I had done it on the 360, when Doom 3 BFg came with it. But maybe not.

And since I lost that account I can’t look up the achevments to see if I had or not.

Oh and with no cheat codes for ammo and weapons.

Is super easy with the BFG right off the bat

Last edited:
So, I’m stuck at E4M2 on Ultimate Doom for the 360, playing it on my one.

I just can’t do it captain.

Has anyone done this on a 360 or emulated on the one on ULTRA VIOLENCE?

I know it can be done on the PC, but I’m thinking the controller is just making the moving mechanics too slow??

I was sure I had done it on the 360, when Doom 3 BFg came with it. But maybe not.

And since I lost that account I can’t look up the achevments to see if I had or not.

Oh and with no cheat codes for ammo and weapons.

Is super easy with the BFG right off the bat

You wouldn’t have done it on the Doom 3 BFG Edition as it was not Ultimate Doom and did not include episode 4.

You wouldn’t have done it on the Doom 3 BFG Edition as it was not Ultimate Doom and did not include episode 4.
That’s the version I’m playing now, the doom 3 BFg version for 360.

That’s the disk that’s in my Xbox.

I could not get doom to launch with 2016 in the Xbox,I had to put doom 3 BFg in

I'm now currently playing Gran turismo sport, dirt 4,nascar, sometimes happy whels and a little bit of war thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back