What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game looks good and trailer was fantastic, thank you for the heads up. Becoming a lawful evil ruler is a tantalizing thought.

<mma4>

Never heard of that one, looks dope.

Yeah. It’s been out for a while, but a definitive edition was just recently released for consoles.

The combat is just like Baldur’s/POE, real-time with the ability to pause the game, but the definitive edition actually added a turn-based combat option, like in POE2, which I thought was really cool.

Got 90% of the way through Hellpoint. The game is super weird. The hardest area in the game is like midpoint, the enemies are even versions of bosses and drop the most souls. Then later in the game the areas have almost no enemies and the ones who are there are the exact same from earlier areas. The beginning of the game is a tight interesting experience, but it kind of goes off the rails midway. Moat levels I'm wandering around GIANT areas with almost nothing in them. I think the idea is let players go wherever they want, but it really hold back the game IMO. I'd be interested in a sequel with graphic that aren't from PS3, a bit tighter control on where to go, and more enemies.

Final DLC for BL3 coming out, so I'll finally be able to play through it all and then delete it from my HD forever. Itll probably take a couple playthroughs of 2 to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Also, Dead by Daylight is a really great casual game. Super simple as survivor, which is nice but playing as killer actually takes some skill and strategy.

Playing older pc games with a buddy recently. He just got a pc after decades of just consoles. Getting him up to speed with company of heroes 2, and vermintide 2. Didn’t play either before, and Pretty fun.

Ghost of Tsushima.

Couldn't sit on it any longer in view of PS5's launch; apologies to future me. Currently mid-game. Act II.

Amazing. I get Tarantino vibes from mission bookmarks and the world…O, gentlemen, the world – what a treat to explore. Combat could be deeper (think Wild Hunt on steroids) but it's fabulous all the same with quite a few innovations for the genre; sheathing my katana after a no-look KO is bad-ass.

This is the sort title that puts studios on the map. Clipping is bad – no, noticeable rather – at times, I've noted, but it's largely proven nondisruptive to immersion and that's virtually it as far as hiccoughs go. Very polished. Home-run by America's Sucker Punch Productions; heaps of nods and respect put on this from Japanese reviewers and players alike. Respect.

Ghost of Tsushima.

Couldn't sit on it any longer in view of PS5's launch; apologies to future me. Currently mid-game. Act II.

Amazing. I get Tarantino vibes from mission bookmarks and the world…O, gentlemen, the world – what a treat to explore. Combat could be deeper (think Wild Hunt on steroids) but it's fabulous all the same with quite a few innovations for the genre; sheathing my katana after a no-look KO is bad-ass.

This is the sort title that puts studios on the map. Clipping is bad – no, noticeable rather – at times, I've noted, but it's largely proven nondisruptive to immersion and that's virtually it as far as hiccoughs go. Very polished. Home-run by America's Sucker Punch Productions; heaps of nods and respect put on this from Japanese reviewers and players alike. Respect.
make sure you play on lethal! I was pretty meh about the game until I switched to lethal.

Should probably start a new thread if anyone's interested in doing so.. otherwise I'll do it later today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back