What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bioshock Infinite - Holy fuck it's awesome

My favorite Vigor combo is a Murder of Crows + Devil's Kiss. One of my equipped items lets Devil's Kiss chain to nearby enemies if it kills one, and my Murder of Crows is upgraded to leave traps in place of killed enemies. Therefore if I manage to kill even one enemy with this combo, the whole enemy squad and wave is likely to be one-shotted.

Just got the hook upgrade, the one where I launch myself unto enemies and smash them, and it looks cool as fuck. Might experiment in a more melee-based build and approach, to make the most out of that superpower. I already have a lot of melee buffing items.

Story wise :

After a WTF start and a gradual slowing of the pace, shit is starting to go down fast with the Parallel Universes twist. So far I went to a couple of parallel universes, and now I am in the one where DeWitt was the leader of the revolution and is now dead, and a full scale war is raging on the streets.

Well I booted up my PS3 and threw in my Doom 3 BFG Edition. Sure enough, there it was, episode 4 Thy Flesh Consumed. Yet I had no saved games for it from the summer of 2016 when I played through the whole series. But I tried playing e4m1 and remembered what happened... I punked out. The reason I skipped it three years ago was because I found it too hard. Couldn’t get past that first Baron of Hell.

So I’m going to have to get some atonement and play through it at my earliest opportunity.
E4m1/2 are probubaly the hardest of e4, e1 is pretty easy if you know what the traps are and how to time them with where the monsters come from.

M2, if you do 100% and don’t run at the beginning and stand and fight is a MOTHER it took me basically 2 days to do it that way.

Not so bad if you run and come back around and deal with them later though.

This walk through will help on e4m1, the first baron is the easy part lol.

And a no damage run

E4m1/2 are probubaly the hardest of e4, e1 is pretty easy if you know what the traps are and how to time them with where the monsters come from.

M2, if you do 100% and don’t run at the beginning and stand and fight is a MOTHER it took me basically 2 days to do it that way.

Not so bad if you run and come back around and deal with them later though.

This walk through will help on e4m1, the first baron is the easy part lol.

And a no damage run

It’s not so much that the baron himself is that hard, it’s that by the time you get to him I was already down to less than 20% health and out of ammo for the shotgun. Taking on a baron in close quarters with a pistol and 12% health is a little on the challenging side to say the least.

Which Wolfienstien?

I might do another from becoming to end playthrough next.

But I’ve got dead space next up after doom. And I haven’t even started doom 2 yet(almost there) 100%ing ultra violence is a bitch when you don’t remember where all the secrets are and the maps lol.
New Colossus. And I can relate with 100'ing Ultra-violence; in Wolfenstein II, there's Mein Leben. Mate, across the entire PS4 Community, exactly 0.1% have made it. It's for all intents and purposes impossible – perma-death/no saves auto or otherwise, back to zero at every mistake, and patrolling are the Nazi crème de la crème. There are a few stages in the game (like a certain courthouse and airship) that are mental even on easier difficulties. There are also a few hidden/locked modes similar to DOOM, I think.

From A-Z, I remember Colossus going –

Can I play, Daddy?
Don't hurt me
Bring 'em on
Do or Die
(my personal best)
Call me Terror-Billy
I am death incarnate
Mein Leben

It’s not so much that the baron himself is that hard, it’s that by the time you get to him I was already down to less than 20% health and out of ammo for the shotgun. Taking on a baron in close quarters with a pistol and 12% health is a little on the challenging side to say the least.
I was down to trying to punch him the first few times before I found where the rocket launcher was.

I’d run out of shot gun shells on him and try an punch with no Beserk pac , doesn’t work lol.

Oh and I just finished it and got the “Rampage “ achievement, 100% ultra violence all maps.

Took a screen shot of the achievement on Xbox live, it’s too bad ps and Xbox game communities don’t share stuff like that for like the “doom” clubs etc

Last edited:
New Colossus. And I can relate with 100'ing Ultra-violence; in Wolfenstein II, there's Mein Leben. Mate, across the entire PS4 Community, exactly 0.1% have made it. It's for all intents and purposes impossible – perma-death/no saves auto or otherwise, back to zero at every mistake, and patrolling are the Nazi crème de la crème. There are a few stages in the game (like a certain courthouse and airship) that are mental even on easier difficulties. There are also a few hidden/locked modes similar to DOOM, I think.

From A-Z, I remember Colossus going –

Can I play, Daddy?
Don't hurt me
Bring 'em on
Do or Die
(my personal best)
Call me Terror-Billy
I am death incarnate
Mein Leben
As I remeber doom on the 32x was like that. Die and back to E1m1 on ultra violence, it took me and my buddy like a 1/2 a summer to finish it(and 32x doom doesn’t have all the maps)

There was no way one person could do it by themselves you’d be too worn out lol. We’d do a level and trade and watch, do a level and trade etc.

Is mien leben like nightmare in doom where the enemies respawn? I don’t remeber.

I have it on my one, I’ll look at my achievements and see what difficulty I finished it at. I think I played through on normal and was going to go back and do ultra violence after I learned the game but didn’t get around to it.

Finished RE2 Remake with Leon and now switching to Claire. Game is dope but some of those "classic" RE gameplay mechanics have me reeeing

Maybe I'll jump back on quake champions now that rogan is playing it, maybe it will gain more popularity.

Anyone else play?

Last edited:
I have it, have yet to play it though.

I should At least try it out.
Yeah, go for it. I'm a quake 1 player from back in the mid 90s and it feeds my quake fix fairly well. The performance issues after updates have made me stop playing for now though.

As I remeber doom on the 32x was like that. Die and back to E1m1 on ultra violence, it took me and my buddy like a 1/2 a summer to finish it(and 32x doom doesn’t have all the maps)

There was no way one person could do it by themselves you’d be too worn out lol. We’d do a level and trade and watch, do a level and trade etc.

Is mien leben like nightmare in doom where the enemies respawn? I don’t remeber.

I have it on my one, I’ll look at my achievements and see what difficulty I finished it at. I think I played through on normal and was going to go back and do ultra violence after I learned the game but didn’t get around to it.
Exactly. And no enemy respawn on ML thankfully but the enemy detection and broadcast signals for reinforcement are OP, IMO; dudes also have hitscans on JB for head- and chest-shots ready to go the millisecond something pops off. I love the game but there's lots of little BS like that. This is why I appreciate the Sniper Elite guys at Rebellion so much; they have a much greater nuanced enemy feedback system in place from detection to weapons-firing. Going stealth or loud is a decision that has real weight behind it, if you know what I mean; that's the good stuff commonly to be observed between the lines of play.

Let me know if you ever get around to looking at your last save for difficulty on your One. Once I got to Terror-Billy, it ate too much into my fun factor. Death incarnate and ML are what you mentioned re: DOOM, knowing everything from this corner to that ventilation duct and who's posted where with what; it's homework, in other words. I reckon that's why there's a running joke that getting a Wolfenstein II Platinum on PS4 is one of the only trophies that can get one laid on merit alone, lol. ML is that unforgiving.

Exactly. And no enemy respawn on ML thankfully but the enemy detection and broadcast signals for reinforcement are OP, IMO; dudes also have hitscans on JB for head- and chest-shots ready to go the millisecond something pops off. I love the game but there's lots of little BS like that. This is why I appreciate the Sniper Elite guys at Rebellion so much; they have a much greater nuanced enemy feedback system in place from detection to weapons-firing. Going stealth or loud is a decision that has real weight behind it, if you know what I mean; that's the good stuff commonly to be observed between the lines of play.

Let me know if you ever get around to looking at your last save for difficulty on your One. Once I got to Terror-Billy, it ate too much into my fun factor. Death incarnate and ML are what you mentioned re: DOOM, knowing everything from this corner to that ventilation duct and who's posted where with what; it's homework, in other words. I reckon that's why there's a running joke that getting a Wolfenstein II Platinum on PS4 is one of the only trophies that can get one laid on merit alone, lol. ML is that unforgiving.
Have you played Doom 2016? If you liked Wolfenstein, you'll love doom 2016, I think its my second favourite fps ever.

Yeah, go for it. I'm a quake 1 player from back in the mid 90s and it feeds my quake fix fairly well. The performance issues after updates have made me stop playing for now though.
Og doom, quake 1/2 were my jam for years probubaly why I can still be completely fine doing a og doom playthrough again and be fine with it and happy in today’s time lol.

The graphics suck but the fun factor is still there. Holds up fine imo.

Just checked, only finished on normal difficulty never went back and did a hardest setting run through.

Will have to do that sometime.

I’ll put it up next on the replay through list after dead space and force unleashed.

The kid isn’t having as much fun on force unleashed since he accidentally erased our god mode unlocked save, so now I have to go through that ordeal again.

It’s 10-15 playthroughs to do it. FML.

Finished Bioshock Infinite. One of the best games I have ever played.

The fight with Songbird against the zeppelins (hard mode) had me shouting, screaming, blaspheming, and almost breaking my controller.

The final part of the game, which is basically an interactive cutscene, had my jaw drop. Amazing plot twist and elevates the game's story to a level better than that of most movies.

====

Currently playing:

Rocket League

continuing Yakuza 0

Last edited:
Have you played Doom 2016? If you liked Wolfenstein, you'll love doom 2016, I think its my second favourite fps ever.
I'll look it up tonight. Thanks, Jo.

Doom 2016 really is quite awesome. The original Doom and Doom II have been alltime favourites of mine for 25 years and I felt 2016 really delivered.
Duly noted. Pretty excited to check it out, bud. I keep buying new games when I still have yet to play Shadow of Mordor or MGS V. Derp. This year is too stacked even to think on catching up.

The one thing about DOOM that's put me off is the fantasy/sci-fi opposition; I enjoy fighting rather human and to an extent mechanised counterparts in tactical shooters as the demon/alien stuff doesn't resonate with me. Let me look into it though. I take stock in your guys' opinions as you're vets of the genre.

Does Eternal see release this year or is that one slated for 2020? Wondering if I should get going on the 2016 reboot now. I see it from the PS Store ATM for 7€ until 07.02, then back up to 29€. Seems like a steal.

Duly noted. Pretty excited to check it out, bud. I keep buying new games when I still have yet to play Shadow of Mordor or MGS V. Derp. This year is too stacked even to think on catching up.

The one thing about DOOM that's put me off is the fantasy/sci-fi opposition; I enjoy fighting rather human and to an extent mechanised counterparts in tactical shooters as the demon/alien stuff doesn't resonate with me. Let me look into it though. I take stock in your guys' opinions as you're vets of the genre.

Does Eternal see release this year or is that one slated for 2020? Wondering if I should get going on the 2016 reboot now. I see it from the PS Store ATM for 7€ until 07.02, then back up to 29€. Seems like a steal.

If it’s on that good of a sale at the moment I’d grab it, even if you put it on the back burner for a little while.

As for Eternal I don’t believe it has a release date yet and is still in “when it’s done” territory.

Doom 2016 really is quite awesome. The original Doom and Doom II have been alltime favourites of mine for 25 years and I felt 2016 really delivered.
Doom 3 while being a doom game I remeber just having a different feel and not really like doom in some ways(that’s how I remeber it anyway I haven’t played it since it came out,and resurection I’d evil) but 2016 FELT like doom to me. It was like , yes yes this is Doom when I first played it.

Quake was weird like that, the games changed a bunch in play style and feel with the different releases, like they were just quake in name only in some games.

As I remeber doom came out and was the shit, but then Quake took over, then died basically in later games and now doom is back on the top again.

Some people say champions is for nostalgia quake 2 players and some say it’s shit and don’t play it.

Everytime I’m about to start it I just think(damn do I really want to be disappointed today?) and don’t start it, I either start some doom wads or planetside 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back